PDA

View Full Version : Help with son's KTM kickstart lever

AlaskaSpeed
06-02-2004, 10:37 PM
The stock kickstart lever and ratchet are toast, won't even stay on. Anyways, he has a race on Saturday and I was hoping someone else knew of a kicker that would slide on the splines of the 1999 KTM 65 SX. Any help is appreciated, as I can't find one in stock here.....thanks....Jim

MotoX3
06-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Well I have no idea where one is but....if worse came to worse you could always push start it and hope it doesnt die during the race but thats stupid...would maybe like a bigger ktm kicker say an 85 maybe work?...btw Jim do u still have your YFZ?

Tommy 17
06-03-2004, 07:41 AM
jim mine broke on my cr80 b4... we got vice grips and welded a piece onto it to kick and locked it on and used that to start it... just don't shut the bike off when u go down to the gate... i know its not the best thing but its a last resort..

Bobbs07
06-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
The stock kickstart lever and ratchet are toast, won't even stay on. Anyways, he has a race on Saturday and I was hoping someone else knew of a kicker that would slide on the splines of the 1999 KTM 65 SX. Any help is appreciated, as I can't find one in stock here.....thanks....Jim

I havent seen you forever on here, do you still got the YFZ?

AlaskaSpeed
06-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
jim mine broke on my cr80 b4... we got vice grips and welded a piece onto it to kick and locked it on and used that to start it... just don't shut the bike off when u go down to the gate... i know its not the best thing but its a last resort..

Tommy,
Yeah...I had the same idea....guess it's time to give it a try. I was hoping that there was a bike that would swap right over that would be easier for me to find local. Thanks....Jim

06-03-2004, 10:10 AM
if he only has to kick start it once just put a vice wrench u no one of the ones that has a litlle thing u turn and it get smaller and bigger and put that on ther as tigth as it can go then weld a little piece of metal to the side of the wrench and u got a ghetto kick starter