PDA

View Full Version : skid plate

fasthonda04
06-02-2004, 10:27 PM
are any of you guys using a glide pate?if so what kind and how does it fit ?I bought a AXERACING one off of eBay and it doesnot fit rite. the back end of it hits the rear shock mount and the hole dont line up rite.the top brackets are supposed to line up with the round tubing of the frame but they dont. they hit the gussets of the frame instead:(axeracing is junk!

quallerd
06-03-2004, 03:20 AM
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I just got an AXE skid for the 450r and love it. It bolted up perfectly for me and each of the back two bolts which replace the stock skid fit without any problem. The only thing was that I thought the bolts were kinda short until I realized it was only because of the nice foam bumpers that run the length of the frame needed to be slightly compressed to get the bolt into the nut with both of the washers on! I love my AXE skid though! :D

WhiteZee
06-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by fasthonda04
I bought a AXERACING one off of eBay and it doesnot fit rite.
lol, had to do it.

racinrichie
06-04-2004, 07:26 AM
you may want to check your frame to make sure its not bent , ive sold over 75 450r skids with no problems . or you may have been sent the wrong skid . please contact me asap and i will get this taken care of for you . rich@axeracing.com

fasthonda450r
06-04-2004, 11:18 PM
thanks for the help rich i will email you again:)

lukester720
06-05-2004, 12:49 AM
I have a Pro Armor chassis skid and it fits and looks great. I've hit more rocks than a crackhead with this thing and it hasn't even dented any.

fasthonda450r
06-05-2004, 08:11 AM
thanx lukester i will look at pro armors web sight. i ride in the desert alott and i live in the mountains and theres alot of big rocks up here. I NEED A SKID THAT WILL FIT RITE SOMETHING THAT I WONT HAVE TO MODIFY OR CUT:(

dn1911
06-05-2004, 11:26 AM
hit BIG rocks? you all need a stainlees steel skid from Pro-Tect. i've jumped my quad off big rocks with this one and not even a scratch on it!!

http://www.protectfabrications.com/