PDA

View Full Version : swingarm bolt

coryatver
06-02-2004, 09:38 PM
I loosened the nut and pounded on the swingarm bolt it doesn't budge and I tried turning it from the other side and couldn't... Its siezed up really good. I don't have tools to cut this thing out like some of you guys have done where could I take it? Just to a dealer?

IL400EX
06-04-2004, 06:36 AM
If you don't have the tools to cut it out. No questions take it somewhere.

chevy71
06-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Coryatver,

Don't know if this helps but, I took mine out by using an air impact wrench. I unscrewed the nut but left it on the bolt. I then took a hammer and gave it a few good whacks on the nut as not to screw up the threads. Then I used the impact wrenchand broke the bolt loose. While unscrewing the bolt my brother pushed on the other end to "walk" it out.

Of course mine wasn't that bad cause I dont ride through water. Came out relatively easy for being 2 yrs old.

Later,
James

Rip_Tear
06-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Spray it with WD-40 or a similar spray and try again, if you want to try to get it to turn put a wrench and a bar on it, the bar will give you more torque. chevy71 has a good idea to try aswell. You can just cut the bolt in places so the swinger will come lose then you can try taking the left over peices out. Make sure you get a new one and keep it greased!

TC426EX
06-05-2004, 07:38 PM
There are MILLIONS of posts about this..... Basically youre screwed man! Hate to say it, but the only way youre getting it out is with alot of elbow grease, a cutting torch and some patience! You probably bought the quad used eh? If you bought it new, then shame on you for not keeping it greased!! Dont feel too bad, I gotta SPLIT my cases to fix a broken shift shaft now so we are both in for a big headache...

parkers30
06-05-2004, 08:51 PM
I dont know if this helps but on my brothers blaster we used a sazall to very carefully it into a few pieces, good luck, it sucked