PDA

View Full Version : TRX90 and Raptor 80

iaboy30
06-02-2004, 08:14 PM
My little cousin wants either a TRX90 or a Raptor 80 since i just bought a 400ex. His parents would like to know the top speed of each of these. If anyone knows, the help would be appreciated.

tjar66
06-02-2004, 08:39 PM
I bought my kids the Raptors because of the electric start. Top speed is about 30-35 they do have a throttle limiter that you can set as low as you want. At first we set ours to just be able to shift into second about a fast jog

Oouthere
06-02-2004, 09:05 PM
We bought the 80 Raptor for my 7 year old daughter due to its styling, e-start and no maintenance drive train. I don't know how fast it ran but a PW80 in 2nd gear would outrun the Raptor at top speed. The PW80 was my daughter's first bike and we did race them against each other.

We recently traded-in the Raptor as my daughter races and was completely outclassed. If there is no possibility of racing in the mini quads future the Raptor will be ok, but if racing is involved there are almost zero upgrades available.

Our toys are ridden alot with the Raptor being ridden about 5-8 hours on a regular school week and perhaps 15-30 hours on a non-school week. The Raptor needed rearend oil added about every 3 months. The intake valve also had to be adjusted 3 times in the year we owned it as it will become very difficult/impossible to start. The carburetor also had to be adjust anytime the weather changed more than 25-30 degrees, it would run but sometimes it would fight back a little if not adjusted.

We haven't owned the TRX90 but a couple of days so I can't give a maintenance history for the Honda. I know this is a bit more info than you requested but I think it pertinent on such an expensive nice-to-have toy.

Rich

wgbanks
06-03-2004, 05:37 PM
The Raptor 80 lacks a little in stock form but there is a fairly easy mod to make it a 4 speed. Stock from Yamaha it is a 3 speed. That extra gear makes my sons Raptor 80 fly. It is doing 40 easily and smokes all the other mini's on top end. PM me and I can to a quick run down of the 4th gear mod if some one would like.