PDA

View Full Version : Question!!!

PEPwalshZ440
06-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Hello every1,
Well I was takin my quad apart 2nite and I decided I want to remove the key and the overheat light. How do I do this if I have a tether kill installed with one wire grounded to the frame and one connected to the black wire with a white tracer. Also, I crashed monday in a race and was steering my quad left and right and it was hard to steer. Do you think its possibly bent? Also, what is something for getting hardcore dirt/mud/grime off newhere on the quad....? any degreaser that works real good or nething?
Every little bit would be appreciated,
Mike

PEPwalshZ440
06-02-2004, 07:50 PM

SHOCKER
06-02-2004, 08:06 PM
simple green will do good, or maybe any kind of engine degreeser would be even greater, i actaully used wheel cleaner once and it worked for areas i couldnt get to

PEPwalshZ440
06-02-2004, 08:19 PM
thanks shocker!
but neone about the key and the overheat light?
Mike

bigz-71
06-02-2004, 10:54 PM
i am not sure about the black wire with white strap. i do not know where it belongs. i just unplugged my key and light. tie your kill switch in to the key power switch. make sure you ties the wires together from your key so it thinks its turned on all the time. if you dont do this then the fan want work and you will over heat the bike. it happened to me. they unplug on the left hand side of the bike if you are sitting on the seat, and on the right side if you are standing in front of the quad looking at it. it is fairly an easy job. well good luck with it.

on the degresser i use simple green automative degresser it works really good. i also use the stuff at the car wash by my house and it works really good. i spray it off first and then go back over it with the degresser and its the rest of the grunge off of it. i hope all of this help you.