PDA

View Full Version : ? for HRC KIT owners

Shawn H
06-02-2004, 04:44 PM
When you installed and jetted your quad after the HRC installation did you have to adjust the fuel /air screw there is no mention of adjusting it and thought that it should be done.

Whats your opinion or experience?
I try a search but found nothing.

Thanks to all
Shawn

86atc250r
06-02-2004, 04:50 PM
I didn't adjust mine, but the pilot circuit did act a bit lean- wasn't enough to worry about though.

04trx450R
06-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Same here, no adjustment, but my low speed/idle seem a little rich,,,,, but it is good enough,, the bike rips,,,

Hammer trx450r
06-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
I didn't adjust mine, but the pilot circuit did act a bit lean- wasn't enough to worry about though.

took the words right out of my mouth

Shawn H
06-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks guys
for the replies I just installed most of my kit and man what in the hell with the decompressor bolt on the cam.Thought I was going to twist the bolt off.:eek2:

So does all of your quads start as good as stock?

shoey
06-02-2004, 10:17 PM
a lot of guys said they have destroyed that bolt during cam installation, I used a 1/2 inch air gun and it worked great. My quad doesn't start as easy as it did before and I think air screw adjustment will cure it. But it runs great.

86atc250r
06-02-2004, 11:24 PM
I put an FCR on mine and everything is better now :)

Stock carb & HRC - I'd say it started 90% as well with the HRC as it did stock. I agree that richening the pilot circuit would likely have made it start as easily as stock if not better.

lukester720
06-04-2004, 12:31 AM
I mangled my decompression bolt when i put my 02 crf cam in, i ended up just cutting the head off of it to get the decompressor mech. off of it. I guess I should have heated it up some :rolleyes:

If that ever happens to you, you can always use one of the allen bolts from a 400ex that hold the carrier bearing in place in the swingarm. The only size difference is that their not as long, but they don't need to be near as long as the stock ones anyways.

lukester720
06-04-2004, 12:32 AM
I mangled my decompression bolt when i put my 02 crf cam in, i ended up just cutting the head off of it to get the decompressor mech. off of it. I guess I should have heated it up some :rolleyes:

If that ever happens to you, you can always use one of the allen bolts from a 400ex that hold the carrier bearing in place in the swingarm. The only size difference is that their not as long, but they don't need to be near as long as the stock ones anyways.