PDA

View Full Version : which 400ex pipe is the best

QUADMASTER
06-02-2004, 01:29 PM
i have a friend who just bought a 400ex about a month ago and we are trying to decide which pipe to get for it. if you have any suggestions please respond.

JDiablo
06-02-2004, 02:13 PM
do a search on this,but to answer you question,HMF,yoshi,white brothers,sparks,tc(<get only if he will be racing,this is not a pipe for just trails),FMF,and a couple more but do a search to get a real indepth answer

06-02-2004, 04:40 PM
for the most ponies curtis sparks is the best 2nd is tc
but u have to get the full system the header pipes r were the ponies come from
good luck!

TC426EX
06-02-2004, 05:24 PM
DO A SEARCH man, there must be at least 50 posts about this if not more!! Sparks, TC, LRD, CT in that order....... FULL systems of course.....

JDiablo
06-02-2004, 05:27 PM
yea man but the thing is,if you are just riding trails etc,get a HMF with a quiet core....a TC pipe will blow your damn head off....only get a TC pipe if you plan on racing the quad only....but basically stay away from cobra and dg,and you should be good

JRDrider22
06-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Sparks, most popular, greatest i love it

quadmx7
06-02-2004, 05:37 PM
i love my sparks wouldnt trade it for nothin, lil bit loud tho for trails. CT and HMF make good pipes too.

redrider05
06-04-2004, 01:50 PM
GT THUNDER

yoshimura400
06-04-2004, 02:49 PM
i like my yoshimura pipe, the t4,sparks, and if u wont to look cool and be diffrent lteracing.com and get the dule pipes there sweet looking

Giz400ex
06-05-2004, 05:52 AM
First off there's no best pipe!! There are certain kinds of pipes for different people and for different reasons. I would recommend doing the search in the powertrain for exhausts. But, I've learned not always go with the majority because what the majority has might not be what I or you would like. Example: Sparks! Everybody was ripping and raving about it so, I had to get it!! Well, the outcome wasn't a pleasant one and ended up selling it after 2.5 months. Bottom line is go do a search and do your homework and get what you want not what everyone else has.

cals400ex
06-05-2004, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Giz400ex
[ I've learned not always go with the majority because what the majority has might not be what I or you would like.

i am with you there. i also ended up getting a sparks x-6 in stainless. the power gains were nothing like i expected. it turns out my friend put a ceramic coated x-4 on his bike and it opened it up much more than my pipe did for me. by the way, we are both running 406's with hotcams and a few other mods. it is actually weird when driving both bikes. he bike clearly has more back pressure on deceleration due to the smaller headers. in the first couple gears when drag racing my bike seems more radical and has a better hit. once we get into 4th and 5th, he just goes by me. our pipes and cams are designed for the EXACT opposite of that (my buddy runs a stage 1 and i run a stage 2), but once again you can't listen to everyone. it is either my pipe needs to be coated for heat transfer purposes or my headers are too big for my bike. i am getting the header coated soon and if that helps, i know the coatings help.