PDA

View Full Version : problems!!!!!!!!!

red2004 TRX450R
06-02-2004, 12:43 PM
My barking brake doesn’t work. No big deal I was gong to remove it any way!!!!! But it did nor even work when new, and it should for a bike that cost $7000!! I should have asked for a partial refund!!!!! LOL

All so my head light gets a little cloudy when I wash it….. and I all ways ride with it on…

My Other problem is I over filled the trans oil. I dumped a half a qt in it started up and ran for 5 min then shut off and waited 3 like the man sates to do!!!! I was not paying a attention and but another quarter of a qt in waiting for it to come out the check hold, it did not. I shook it and nothing. So I blow down the filler hole and oil came shooting out. NICE CHECK HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Other than that no real problems!!!!!!!!! I had it this week end in water up all most to the pipe opening in a couple of creek crossings… no water in the air box or oil!!!!!!

Does any one have any other problems!!!! I have not herd of any !!!

Cant stop a Honda!!!!!!!!!!!!

:muscle:

TRX450R 09
06-02-2004, 12:55 PM
hmm thats odd, my back brake doesnt work either..

I'm going to adjust my brakes soon anyways, if i find out whats wrong i will e-mail you.

red2004 TRX450R
06-02-2004, 01:00 PM
its my parking brake and i never tryed to adjust it!!!!!!

i just stating that this is one of the biggest problems I have!!

The tech that went over the bike with me told me to take it off any ways!!!!:blah:

TRX450R 09
06-02-2004, 01:02 PM
ohhh, i see, ok ok my bad

WOracing
06-02-2004, 01:05 PM
lol parking brakes never work....i dont have one machine that does

atvrider12764
06-02-2004, 01:07 PM
i get some moisture in my trx lights when i wash it but it goes away within seconds

roughrider01
06-02-2004, 01:17 PM
I dont have a parking break, parking breaks are junk anyways so i took that off.

Umm whats so uncommon about the headlight fogging up when washing it. Do you need the headlight on when washing it or something?? Mine fogs up but goes away after you run it.

Never had a problem with the check hole on the tranny. Just did what you did and ran it then shut it off, then added oil til it came out.

atvrider12764
06-02-2004, 01:34 PM
ONCE I START IT UP IT GOES AWAY

ThumPIN_450R
06-02-2004, 04:22 PM
my lower a arms are bending and my headlight complety quit working after some rubbing with a few other racers in a first corner but I racer MX so I wasn't to concerned with the headlight and took it off and for the a arms honda wouldn't warantee it because I was the only person who has had such a problem and they said if they're are any other report of it before the six months is up they will call us and send us some new a arms but i really don't care because after this summe I'm putting a laeger t-pin front end on it any way .... just thought i'd tell you about the only real problems i've had with mine

PEPwalshZ440
06-02-2004, 05:04 PM
it's cuz u gotta re adjust the parking brake every once in a while....durrr lol...no problems with mine cept in my race monday, as the gate dropped, my quad just randomly shut off....think its cuz it wuzn't warmed up inuf...

roughrider01
06-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by atvrider12764
ONCE I START IT UP IT GOES AWAY

THEN WHATS THE PROBLEM??!! lol :eek2:

red2004 TRX450R
06-03-2004, 12:56 PM
i GESS THERE ARE NO REAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HONDA RULES!!!!!!!!!

i had a 200sx back in the day (87) and i tryed to blow it up and i couldint!!!!!!!!
It ended up lunching off a 80 foot cliff and ended upside down in the swamp. left it there for 2 weeks trying to find out how to get it out and some one stool it. I got it back and it still ran fine. all so i went trought 6 sets of sprokes and ended up butting the stock one back on after i sterting it out....

The old 200sx is still running today i sold it the the kid down the rode for $200.00 I use to run it wide open on the rode all day trying to keep up with my friend on a DR250!!!

this old honda was unstopable!!!!!!!!!!!!

OLD HONDAS NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:muscle:

06-03-2004, 09:17 PM
um,,, is this your first quad???? ever????? lol:D

sparky450AR
06-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
my lower a arms are bending and my headlight complety quit working after some rubbing with a few other racers in a first corner but I racer MX so I wasn't to concerned with the headlight and took it off and for the a arms honda wouldn't warantee it because I was the only person who has had such a problem and they said if they're are any other report of it before the six months is up they will call us and send us some new a arms but i really don't care because after this summe I'm putting a laeger t-pin front end on it any way .... just thought i'd tell you about the only real problems i've had with mine

Whats your dealers number? ill cal them saying my a-arms are bending....and ask them if this is a warrantied item....

FAQ654
06-03-2004, 11:15 PM
I have a lot of time on my 450 already and if you don't adjust the parking brake every time you ride almost ( depending on how long you ride) It will not work. That is to much of a pain so I just got rid of mine!!!!!

ThumPIN_450R
06-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
Whats your dealers number? ill cal them saying my a-arms are bending....and ask them if this is a warrantied item....

it wasn't the dealey that wouldn't warantee it honda wouldn't my dealer called it in and honda said no and he had to look at mine before he would even call honda and that might be a long drive for you to help me out but thanks any ways dude

Goat397
06-06-2004, 07:31 PM
has anyone had any REAL problems with their 450's yet, ive heared rumors of bent lower a arms and cracked crankcases from starting incorrectly. any truth to this?

tkwarrior
06-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Goat397
has anyone had any REAL problems with their 450's yet, ive heared rumors of bent lower a arms and cracked crankcases from starting incorrectly. any truth to this?

A picture of a cracked crank case was posted so that is true but I've yet to hear anything about the lower a-arms.

Hammer trx450r
06-07-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by PEPwalshZ440
it's cuz u gotta re adjust the parking brake every once in a while....durrr lol...no problems with mine cept in my race monday, as the gate dropped, my quad just randomly shut off....think its cuz it wuzn't warmed up inuf...

hey these things dont work to well if idle isn't turned up enough.

sparky450AR
06-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
hey these things dont work to well if idle isn't turned up enough.

I agree, comming off the ex's we are all used to low (barely running) idleling machines. I made the mistake of messing with my idle on My 450R from the factory, now i wish i wouldnt have.

Hammer trx450r
06-07-2004, 02:49 PM
after the hrc kit i had to turn mine up

glenfoto
06-07-2004, 11:06 PM
So I blow down the filler hole and oil came shooting out.

He blew it and it shot out.. muahhaha had to.. sorry.

REDARMYRACER
06-08-2004, 05:54 PM
its so easy to adjust a p brake so it works and works well it's rediculous.

I still remove mine though hahahahahahhaha!!!!

06-08-2004, 06:16 PM
if you leave the parking brake on atv's is sometimes drags the brakes which reduced the pad life....the parking breaks are POS on all quads because the manufacturers are forced to put them on the atv's for legal & insurance reasons...