PDA

View Full Version : Haspin Acres roll call - Round 4

brian-250
06-02-2004, 11:14 AM
whos comin? ill be there tryin to get a plaque and NOT to get stuck on them slick hills:grr: :o , David im ready for some crick crossions!:D , so i can splash brad when i pass him:devil:

Lil - Braff
06-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Me and my dad will be there! Hopefuly my quad will stay working the WHOLE race this time! lol See yall there!

Braff1
06-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
Me and my dad will be there! Hopefuly my quad will stay working the WHOLE race this time! lol See yall there!

I think your problem is the nut behind your throtle is loose :blah:

Fire your mechanic and get a new one

cady#1
06-02-2004, 03:34 PM
I'll be there! Keepin my figers crossed the ups man comes so i dont have more quater size bilters :(

FMFBOY
06-02-2004, 07:30 PM
wanting to race a haspin, explain how the race is like, i
believe im set up right:devil:

250EXstud
06-02-2004, 08:39 PM
I will be there. I really really need to do good this race. My friend Jimmy Simpson is racing in the sport class again, so look out to all you sport class riders. Hope to see everyone there and good luck to all.

Lil - Braff
06-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 250EXstud
My friend Jimmy Simpson is racing in the sport class again, so look out to all you sport class riders.

Which one was he?

FMFBOY- If you go Sunday would it be your first race? Hope to see ya there!

Lil - Braff
06-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Braff1
I think your problem is the nut behind your throtle is loose :blah:

Fire your mechanic and get a new one

:rolleyes: :o :blah:

bradley300
06-02-2004, 11:01 PM
i'll be there-way ahead of brian, i'll be oin the blaster this time number 812 stop me and say hi!

brian-250
06-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
i'll be there-way ahead of brian, i'll be oin the blaster this time number 812 stop me and say hi!

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/bsflag.gif

Braff1
06-03-2004, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by FMFBOY
wanting to race a haspin, explain how the race is like, i
believe im set up right:devil:

First off this is a XC race (aka hare scramble, cross-country race). The haspin track is pretty open compared to most tracks so if by chance you are running a mx set up you will do ok. XC racing is a race through the woods. The coarse is marked with arrow markers which you must follow. There will be different obsticles which you must adapt to ( off cambers, hill climbs, hill descents, creek/mud crossing, and trees) while trying to go as fast as you can, hopefully without hitting the trees. lol XC racing is more a race with your self, because you must pace yourself so that you can finish the race which an hour and a half.

If this sounds something you would like to try come on out with us and have fun. I will be there with bradley300 and lil-braff. Come over and say hi!

250EXstud
06-03-2004, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lil - Braff
[B]Which one was he?

He is tall and rides a yellow 300ex it has DG nerfs and pro circut pipe. I think his number is 915.

kyex40047
06-03-2004, 09:14 PM
I might go if i don't go with the quadshop some where else and if i can get the 400ex put back together. What type of class do they have there, I run the B class in mid south so what should i go to for this race?

bradley300
06-03-2004, 09:22 PM
i'd try b, you's prolly do good in that class

250EXstud
06-03-2004, 09:24 PM
They Got
PRO
"A" class
"B"class
"C"class
and sport/utility
you would do good in Pro or A class. Race pro

250EXstud
06-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Or run "B" i am just tryin to get people out of "A" so i have a better chance of winnin:D

kyex40047
06-03-2004, 09:29 PM
They Got
PRO
"A" class
"B"class
"C"class
and sport/utility
you would do good in Pro or A class. Race pro
I don't Know about pro, I am use to 2 stroke and now i am going over to a slower 4 stroke. If i go, I will probably race B class, or maybe A calss, depending on who shows up.

dwf126
06-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Where is Haspin Acres? I live in Southern Indiana.

What time does racing start? What day is it on?

Is there a website or flyer or anything?

david kelsch
06-04-2004, 09:32 AM
Yeaah haa:D , looks like another fine weekend to casually stroll through the woods at Haspin Acres. FOR THE WEANIES.

I hope to be hangin out those of you who would rather zip tie your throttle open and use trees and other riders to slow down.

Those of you like Tuley, you know bounce off a tree, jump back up and take off before you even remember your own name.

Or how bout Nate Beyers. That boy don't know what drivin straight down a trail means. There is hardley a tree out there without his signature on it.

I don't think there is a class at Haspins in which you can get the "easy win". The top riders in each class are well placed and not about to give up the points. If your a B class in mid south then I'd say your a B class at Haspins. Mostly because there is a lot of national talent that runs here in all classes. So the competition level in each class is well matched to GNCC or Mid south series. I've also always said, "If you can win here you can win anywhere". It can be a rough place with lots of roots, ruts, and general mayhem. There are always mud and muddy crossings to deal with. It can be tight but there is usually a slower way around for the wide bodies. There will probably be a little dust in the start/finsih area and in a couple spots on the track. Steep hills, off camber, and a sweet uphill jump in the woods Danny Mullins the trackboss built.

If you can stand the thought of an open facility with no control over spectator riding there is hardley a better local place to throw down. Yeah I hear ya, THAT MAY JUST BE MY
OPINION:blah: :macho :o

Im pretty sure there is no creek crossings so maybe Ill stand behind a tree and dump a little cold frothy beverage on ya instead. How that be:devil:

Consult www.haspinacres.com for more infor. Haspins is in Laurel Indiana, Race time is just past noon slow time. Cost is like 20 I think. You might go 52 north or east to 121 north, at the main intersection of town, there isn't even a light turn east, cross river see sign on right.

Lil - Braff
06-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by dwf126
Where is Haspin Acres? I live in Southern Indiana.

What time does racing start? What day is it on?

Is there a website or flyer or anything?

where at in Southern Indiana do you live? I live in Charlestown (if ya know where that is). David pretty much got everything else. HOpe to see ya there!

David-how muddy is it up at haspin now after all these storms here lately?

david kelsch
06-04-2004, 12:01 PM
I haven't been up there in a couple weeks. I do live on Indiana 44 which is a popular road for Ohio people to take. For those that live north of cincinnatti they often go by my house on the way to haspins. So my mud reports are what the truck, quads, and bikes look like when they are on the way home. They look pretty good. The hauling equiptment isn't wrecked and only a few recreation machine are muddy messes.

Haspins has the ability to recover very quickly from rain. It all runs down into Laurel. I think its gonna be a little dusty in the parking lot area. Woods will be like last race.

I missed saying earlier that these are Sunday races.

bradley300
06-04-2004, 08:54 PM
please tell me there will be a turn b4 you head into the woods:(

david kelsch
06-05-2004, 08:13 AM
We are gonna draw straws to determine who goes in the woods first. Then start single file waveing banners and safety flags as you procede parade style into the woods. You'll be required to toss out candy and wave beauty pagent style while wearing that dress I've heard so much about. :blah:

brian-250
06-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by david kelsch
We are gonna draw straws to determine who goes in the woods first. Then start single file waveing banners and safety flags as you procede parade style into the woods. You'll be required to toss out candy and wave beauty pagent style while wearing that dress I've heard so much about. :blah:

remeber how i stuck my hand out after the last race? it'll be my foot this time :grr:

brian-250
06-06-2004, 08:25 PM
race report time, who won who lost amout of beer consumed, EXT:o

250EXstud
06-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Well i was in the lead in A class but just got caught up in the moment and was racing was i was at ,instead what was in front of me and got stuck.:mad:.Man ijust can't get a break this year. I ended up getting 13th. Matt Clapp finally got his break and won A class today. Brent Howell won pro class.

cady#1
06-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Long story short i got 1st in c class. I bet every body in the c class will be scratching there head about that one:confused: The guy in the orage short told me to go! before the lady got my # :mad: Oh yeah who was that guy on the yellow 300ex :eek2:

250EXstud
06-06-2004, 09:03 PM
This kid i know jimmy raced a yellow 300 in sport.

cady#1
06-06-2004, 09:12 PM
This was an older dude he passed up the c and all but the 1 st place b class i think

250EXstud
06-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Check out this guy in the yellow. Man is he fast:eek2: :D

hareracer
06-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Well i was in the lead in A class but just got caught up in the moment and was racing was i was at ,instead what was in front of me and got stuck.:mad:.Man ijust can't get a break this year. I ended up getting 13th. Matt Clapp finally got his break and won A class today. Brent Howell won pro class. I don't know where you get your info but Damon Gerald won the A class.

Lil - Braff
06-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by cady#1
Long story short i got 1st in c class. I bet every body in the c class will be scratching there head about that one:confused: The guy in the orage short told me to go! before the lady got my # :mad: Oh yeah who was that guy on the yellow 300ex :eek2:

Say wha!?! My dad got 1st in the C class? or did something change? The way haspin does their scoring drives me crazy!! They don't do to great of a job at it.

Nice pic there 250exstud! ;) lol

Hareracer-How did you end up finishing?

The guy on the yellow 300... what class was he in? j/w

cady#1
06-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Lil-braff after talking with them and showing them that i was right behind 715 for lap 3 then i dissapear on lap 4 then reapear right behind 715 on the last lap. :rolleyes: finally they remember a white z taking off before they could get my number. I think the 300 was in the sport class. If so he had to be flying, i finished right behind 2nd place in the b class or some where up there.

Lil - Braff
06-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Oh okay. That's cool. I saw that and was just like HUH? So would that mean that my dad actually got 2nd? Jeez I hate how haspin scores! lol

Braff1
06-07-2004, 06:49 AM
cady#1, I understand your frustration about the scoring. Same thing happened to me except instead of missing out on a plaque I missed out on the cash.

david kelsch
06-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Well I had intended on sending a PM to break the news gently to ya there BRAFF 1 about the scoring problem. They had the feller scored as 815 the lap in question. He in fact of 615. So I feel your pain on the scoring issues.

I priced the electronic scoring system like a GNCC. I have strongly considered buying it. Its about 7500 with everything you need. Thats a little steep for a local series. Anyone wanna buy it then let us use it just let me know. Its the best out there, but you know the truth is they can have problems too.

The old cliche is "thats racin'". Still hurts though don't it.

Im gonna start a seperate thread titled "results" for the rest of the "official results".

hareracer
06-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
Say wha!?! My dad got 1st in the C class? or did something change? The way haspin does their scoring drives me crazy!! They don't do to great of a job at it.

Nice pic there 250exstud! ;) lol

Hareracer-How did you end up finishing?

The guy on the yellow 300... what class was he in? j/w I finished 4th in the A class. I was happy with that. Congrats to you and your dad on good finishes. Man it was a rough track.

Lil - Braff
06-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by hareracer
I finished 4th in the A class. I was happy with that. Congrats to you and your dad on good finishes. Man it was a rough track.

Obviously your lil wreck at Loretta's didn't affect ya to bad! lol Good job! Thanks! I kinda liked that track. It had lots of roots and rutted out stuff but it was fun. But I sure am sore today!