PDA

View Full Version : and the new color for the 2005 trx450r is????

#1hondarep
06-02-2004, 09:37 AM
any guesses? i just found out. it will cost ya a dollar

PEPwalshZ440
06-02-2004, 09:41 AM
silver/black/red in order of most of each color....

TRX450R 09
06-02-2004, 09:57 AM
My guess for the new color is yellow, makes sense...

250, 300 and 400 ex's all came in Yellow/black and Red/black

#1hondarep
06-02-2004, 10:02 AM
come on pep just one guess

jokerman_28
06-02-2004, 10:03 AM
i would guess yellow. maybe a l.e. model that is black and silver.

TRX450R 09
06-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Well, it can't be blue, or green, you made it seem like it wasn't yellow..

so i'm guessing a black color, or maybe a silver

i just hope honda doesnt turn into a cheapo, and make special eddition 450's, i.e the nascar number 3 predator 500, all it is, is some stickers, a pipe and diff color, for like 2grand more, it's not like its gonna be a collectors item...

HOW DO YOU PUT IMAGES IN?

coryatver
06-02-2004, 10:33 AM
white with red frame? like 250r's where

atvrider12764
06-02-2004, 10:43 AM
you got any pics of it....im guessing yellow

the_hulkamaniac
06-02-2004, 11:30 AM
www.atvsport.com

Your answer!

atvrider12764
06-02-2004, 11:46 AM
i like it...it will probably show alot of scratches though....and i dont see anything about it on hondas site anyone have a link?

spincr4hire
06-02-2004, 12:29 PM
:cool:

#1hondarep
06-02-2004, 12:35 PM
it will be the same price and no it is not an L.E. EDITION. your local dealer will have its updated redbook by tommorow via fed ex and it will have a full color photo and specs. pretty sick huh. by the way anyone put the je 13:8 piston in yet. i got one sittin on my desk just begging me to put it in. its for sale if the price is right

ATC83
06-02-2004, 12:36 PM
I don't like it. It seems like they are just copying Yamaha. To me honda will always be red. I've never liked how Yamaha has had so many different colors. What I would really like to see Honda do is fix the problems with the TRX for 2005 instead of new graphics so the bike would be worth buying. I hope Honda gets of there *** and licks there wounds from Yamaha and fixes all the issues with the TRX.

Punk'd
06-02-2004, 12:37 PM
I dont know if I like it or not..

Punk'd
06-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ATC83
I don't like it. It seems like they are just copying Yamaha. To me honda will always be red. I've never liked how Yamaha has had so many different colors. What I would really like to see Honda do is fix the problems with the TRX for 2005 instead of new graphics so the bike would be worth buying. I hope Honda gets of there *** and licks there wounds from Yamaha and fixes all the issues with the TRX.

Whats all wrong with the 450r?

#1hondarep
06-02-2004, 12:39 PM
don't hate, participate!!!:D

#1hondarep
06-02-2004, 12:41 PM
we all know this will grow on us just like the front end when we all first seen it? tell me if i"m wrong

ATC83
06-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Whats all wrong with the 450r?

We all know on this forum what the problems and design flaws are with the TRX450. I don't think there is any reason to start a dialoge about this again. I just hope, like I think many people do, that Honda puts some seriouse R&D time in on this bike before they release the 2005.

jmoney45
06-02-2004, 01:14 PM
We all know on this forum what the problems and design flaws are with the TRX450. I don't think there is any reason to start a dialoge about this again. I just hope, like I think many people do, that Honda puts some seriouse R&D time in on this bike before they release the 2005.

what are you talking about. I'd love to hear your interpretations of the socalled design flaws.

the_hulkamaniac
06-02-2004, 01:24 PM
I don't like it. It seems like they are just copying Yamaha. To me honda will always be red. ATC 83

I'm still hoping for white plastic, to match my 250r. White plastic lasts forever, black is destroyed in a few weeks.

kgbg
06-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Very cool.
I will be ordering black plastic.

ThumPIN_450R
06-02-2004, 04:07 PM
I want the silver graphics for my red plastic the would be sweet I actually was thinking of going with a red tank red nose white plastics and frame I think would be cool as all hal

416rider
06-02-2004, 04:35 PM
:devil:
I'm still hoping for white plastic, to match my 250r. White plastic lasts forever, black is destroyed in a few weeks.

:devil: They won't make a white 450r with a red frame because as soon as hond stopped making the 250r with white plastics and a red frame. Yamaha adopted it but changed some colors to not make it look like a honda. Suzuki has also done that with theirs also. Know I would not want to look like a Yamaha or suzuki that would be down grading. Black would be good beause Black looks good on hondas but not factory they made the black because people change it anyway and Yamaha only makes limited edition full black then they change it, not yellow either thats Suzukis color. When motorcycle companies make their motorcyclesthey are all one color Honda-red, Yamaha-Blue, Suzuki-Yellow, KTM-Orange, Kawasaki-Green, Cannondale-silver etc... this shows they pick one color and keep it they should do the same for ATVs and have the choice to change later. I changed mine to black then I sold it before my plastics where ruined because they don't last long.:devil: :devil:

TheFontMaster
06-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by #1hondarep
we all know this will grow on us just like the front end when we all first seen it? tell me if i"m wrong

I still don't like the front end , but the black plastic makes it look alot less sh!%y. With the red plastic and the black gas tank makes it look a little off.

honda_racer_713
06-02-2004, 05:30 PM
i think they should make one sort of race ready( not that it isnt) but take out the headlights and put on some different tires and handlebars etc. i think that would be awesome

cooper505
06-02-2004, 05:45 PM
that thing looks sick.

i want black plastics now.

Thumperz4Life
06-02-2004, 07:36 PM
I like it! Thats good for the guys with the red 450rs, they can just pick up a set from the dealer instead of spending $600 on fullbores. I wish they would have gave it a black frame also, other than that it looks sick!

hsr
06-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Are you still going to be able to get one in red for 05'? or is black the only available color???

416rider
06-02-2004, 08:48 PM
:devil: They will never get rid of the red color because that is their original color that they also use with their motorcycle. Ride Red.:devil:

Woody_YFZ
06-02-2004, 11:09 PM
I like it. I've always been a fan of black. I like how Yamaha changes there's up every year too, it's nice to have a little variety, then everybody doesn't have the same thing.

Cody_300ex
06-02-2004, 11:12 PM
I think its sick!!! But it would look better if it had a black frame tho.

Bretmd94
06-03-2004, 12:36 AM
I think it looks way badass. I want black plastic for mine now also.

drthrottle
06-03-2004, 06:18 AM
2004 red plastics for sale. now, that's what i'm talking about. i put balck plastics on my 440 and it looked good. i'm in.

#1hondarep
06-03-2004, 09:54 AM
i agree w 300ex kid, honda should up the game and come out with some different color frames like red or even black, i'm sick of all these silver frames. i don't think it would cost em any more to paint the frame a different color. by the way i think honda has put the hold on the 400ex for 05. i got my red book today and the rubicon and 400ex were not in it. and they are not available for open order so take how you want but my guess is if they don't bring it out they are possibly gonna beef it up and put a damn reverse on. hopefully

250r rider 88
06-03-2004, 11:39 AM
whats the deal with that brown circle by the carb?

TRX450R2
06-03-2004, 12:11 PM
WOW

jokerman_28
06-03-2004, 08:40 PM
WOW, is right, take a look at a 450r close up and you will figure it out. i hope.

TCracin440ex
06-03-2004, 10:00 PM
ok....i like the new trx color...but the black...after 3 or 4 good rides...scratched all to hell....and another thing...them red shock springs stick out like a sore thumb...the shoulda done black or atleast silver springs....but thats just me....

so honda shoulda done yellow imo...cuz white and black look like shyt after about a week...

sparky450AR
06-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
whats the deal with that brown circle by the carb?

lmao,,,,thats a rezzy for the rear shock

300racer
06-03-2004, 11:31 PM
I think that the black plastic looks awsome. when is this color going to come out? I wanna buy black front plastic and keep the back red I think that would look good with the right graphics kit

lukester720
06-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by jmoney45
what are you talking about. I'd love to hear your interpretations of the socalled design flaws.

I wouldn't worry much about ATC83's comments, its pretty typical for him to bash the 450r. He always has and always will, well as long as he has his YFZ i guess. I've ridden both and like the R better which is my opinion. Oh well, to each his own. I think the black looks good, till it gets all scratched up.

Meek
06-04-2004, 12:41 AM
I saw the information on the 450R today, but it did not say anything about electirc start.

lukester720
06-04-2004, 12:47 AM
Meek, did they change anything else?

Meek
06-04-2004, 01:37 AM
As far as I know, just the color and a few minor things

Manny55
06-04-2004, 06:45 AM
What I would really like to see Honda do is fix the problems with the TRX for 2005

I don't have any problems with my 450r!

SSRedRider
06-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Not sure what ATC83 is talking about problems with the Trx450r. I have had mine since Jan. and raced it 8 times and I haven't had any problems. He must be confused and thinking about the problems with his Yammi. I also have road both and I don't see owning a Yamaha 450 over a Honda 450.

ATC83
06-04-2004, 11:49 AM
What you guys call bashing I call constructive criticisms. I love Honda and I have probably owned more Honda ATV’s and ATC’s than 90% of the people on this forum but I will not spend my money on an inferior machine just because it is a Honda. That’s stupid. When Honda wants to put the R&D into the TRX450R and make it into a quad that truly deserves the “R” designation like the ATC250R, TRX250R and its cousin the CRF450R, I will buy one but until then I will stick with my 400EX and YFZ450. I hope that Honda upgrades the TRX450R in a couple of years like they do with there dirt bikes but I’m not going to hold my breath.

trick450r
06-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Are you ****ing Stupid??:eek2:

markeg192
06-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
Are you ****ing Stupid??:eek2:

Yes but he was a member of the Special Olympics ATV Team.

exrider44
06-06-2004, 03:30 PM
What you guys call bashing I call constructive criticisms. I love Honda and I have probably owned more Honda ATV’s and ATC’s than 90% of the people on this forum but I will not spend my money on an inferior machine just because it is a Honda. That’s stupid. When Honda wants to put the R&D into the TRX450R and make it into a quad that truly deserves the “R” designation like the ATC250R, TRX250R and its cousin the CRF450R, I will buy one but until then I will stick with my 400EX and YFZ450. I hope that Honda upgrades the TRX450R in a couple of years like they do with there dirt bikes but I’m not going to hold my breath.

ATC so your saying the stock 250r is way better than a stock 450r? If your comparing a modded 250R then thats different. The new R is way nicer than the 400. I had a 400ex its a good bike, but the R has alot more potential. The yfz isnt leaps and bounds ahead of the TRX. Maybe your comparing the yfz vs to a 400ex. lol

TCracin440ex
06-06-2004, 04:30 PM
i think he pulls alot of the comments he makes out of his ***...because the 250r is the greatest machine the aftermarket made...stock 250rs are good no doubt...but with the help of the aftermarket...she was king of the tracks...now with the help of the aftermarket the 450r and yfz might be king of the tracks...he just pulls alot of things out his ***...some of the things ive heard him say ive sat back and im like does he actually believe the coments he says or does he actually read what wrote to see it didnt make no sence whatso ever

Scottie Mac
06-06-2004, 05:03 PM
For all you guys busting on ATC, he is only pointing out the problems that some of the magazines have talked about. Also, there have been a few posts on here about what "updates" will be made to the TRX in a couple of years. If there are no "flaws" then why would they be updating a new quad 2 years after it was built.

I personally think the TRX is a very nice machine. It is not perfect, neither is the YFZ. I don't think we should think of them as "flaws" that type of terminology will just ruffle feathers and start arguments. Lets think of them as "updates" because that is what they truly are.

People should look at this as a positive, if the manufacturers are performing "updates" then the product is getting better. It doesn't mean that bike A is better or worse than bike B, it just means that the manufacturer is trying to continually improve its product. I for one look forward to that. It is about time the manufacturers started improving on the products like they do with the bikes.

Scott

tkwarrior
06-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Since I don't read the mags what exactly are they saying is wrong with the TRX Scott?

Chef
06-06-2004, 05:13 PM
And whats the deal with the black cylinder?

Scottie Mac
06-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by tkwarrior
Since I don't read the mags what exactly are they saying is wrong with the TRX Scott?

First of all, I AM NOT saying there is anythig "wrong" with the TRX. The mags have complained about the light front end. I would not be surprised if Honda put a slightly longer swingarm on the TRX in the coming years. Again, not a "flaw" and update.

For the folks that race, the rear linkage in the TRX is its shortcoming. It is an old design. That is why Elka, PEP, and Walsh are all designing new linkage set ups for the Honda. Again, wouldn't be too surprised if Honda works on this as well. This is a common thing. The Suzuki Z400 needs help on the linkage department as well, if you plan on raicng.

Some people complain about the "tippy" feeling of the TRX. I did't notice it, to me it felt like a 400ex, nothing wrong with that.

There is a post on this forum that they are planning on moving engine position, geometry, etc. I doubt they wil go that far, but if they do, more power to them. Like I SAID, the more "updates" a machine has the better it will be in the long run.

Some of you guys take anything other than an all out announcement that the HOnda is perfect as a slap in the face.

Just to show you I mean this applies to any quad I will go over what needs to be updated on the YFZ.

The seat, it is hard as hell, nice for MX, but not everyone rides MX.

A different battery, the stock one is easily overcharged because it is not designed to be recharged by a normal everyday battery tender.

Stock shock suspension, it is fully adjustable, but set up VERY stiff from the factory. Soften it up and I believe it would be more user friendly.

Handlebars, they are basically throw aways, they suck.

See, "updates" they only make a machine better. If you want your machine to stay the same forever, it will soon be passed by the competition.

Scott

TRX450R2
06-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Updates are all good as nothing is perfect, but I have been racing motox with no probs except I need to get fitter to last longer!:D

tkwarrior
06-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks for filling me in.

I personaly think the R has a light front end because of the amount of torque it has. 30 lb-ft at 6000 rpms on a 350 lb bike not too shabby.

Scottie Mac
06-06-2004, 08:01 PM
If torque alone was the reason for the light front end then a longer swingarm wouldn't be the fix... ah "update"

The TRX motor is very nice. I don't really think it needs any "updates"

Scott

Bad Habit
06-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Wow Scottie, very nice un-biased post about the two bikes. What's next, cats and dogs living in peace??? j/p :D

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your assessments. Neither bike is perfect, nor will they ever be IMO. That's why I'm stuck on which one I want.

Here's my Joe Average Rider conclusions on the two bikes, and yes I have considerable seat time on a HRC 450R and a cam-modded YFZ. I don't race MX or XC, I consider myself to be just a very aggressive recreational rider (which is probably 75% of the market anyway).

YFZ
low, stable feel
good ergos
slides well, high flickability factor
light weight

needed "updates":
seat (well documented)
handlebar vibration
chain adjustment

Lastly, I just don't really care for the design/construction of the front end of the frame. I don't like how the upper a-arm rails just stick through a stamped piece of metal and go nowhere. The upper shock mounts look weak. Also the spindles and hubs have always looked a little on the weak side. Haven't personally seen any problems with any of this, I just think they could be beefier.

TRX
it's a Honda (ok, so I'm a little biased)
deceptive power(it's quicker than it feels)
frame geometry
controls (clutch, throttle, front brake)
light weight

needed "upgrades"
snappier throttle response cough*FCR*cough
lower feel - I think half of this could be accomplished in the seat itself
electric start (remember I said I was a recreational rider)
neutral light
lower geared

Well, that's my $.02 worth of info on them from a non-racers point of view. Either of these machines would serve a rider like me extremely well so, as some have said before, it kinda comes down to what color.

sparky450AR
06-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
Wow Scottie, very nice un-biased post about the two bikes. What's next, cats and dogs living in peace??? j/p :D

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your assessments. Neither bike is perfect, nor will they ever be IMO. That's why I'm stuck on which one I want.

Here's my Joe Average Rider conclusions on the two bikes, and yes I have considerable seat time on a HRC 450R and a cam-modded YFZ. I don't race MX or XC, I consider myself to be just a very aggressive recreational rider (which is probably 75% of the market anyway).

YFZ
low, stable feel
good ergos
slides well, high flickability factor
light weight

needed "updates":
seat (well documented)
handlebar vibration
chain adjustment

Lastly, I just don't really care for the design/construction of the front end of the frame. I don't like how the upper a-arm rails just stick through a stamped piece of metal and go nowhere. The upper shock mounts look weak. Also the spindles and hubs have always looked a little on the weak side. Haven't personally seen any problems with any of this, I just think they could be beefier.

TRX
it's a Honda (ok, so I'm a little biased)
deceptive power(it's quicker than it feels)
frame geometry
controls (clutch, throttle, front brake)
light weight

needed "upgrades"
snappier throttle response cough*FCR*cough
lower feel - I think half of this could be accomplished in the seat itself
electric start (remember I said I was a recreational rider)
neutral light
lower geared

Well, that's my $.02 worth of info on them from a non-racers point of view. Either of these machines would serve a rider like me extremely well so, as some have said before, it kinda comes down to what color.

This is the ONLY trully un-biased post i've seen....well done.

A few people get on here and say the 450R has all these problems and a whole swarm of YFZ owning teenagers come on and repreat themselves as much as possible about the weaknesses of this new ravalry to there own quad. The TRX450R, it gets tireding listening to people telling me what i need to do to MY quad so it gets there approval.

06-06-2004, 11:09 PM
im a advanced recreational rider or whatever & I just came from a 400ex & I hate electric start now & having to deal with batteries & crap....whats the big deal about throwing your leg forward or if it stalls then letting the clutch out & "push starting" it? ever1 has their own opinions....just throwing one of mine in

Kennethyfz450
06-06-2004, 11:18 PM
i was talking to my local dealer agian and i ask them about the 400ex and they said its not looking good.. and thats all they said..

i ask them if they was happy with the updates.. they said what updates and i said the plastic.. they said oh woopie its black.. and i just laughed.. it then we got talking seriously and he was telling me that alot of dealers are getting mad with the honda bikes.. they are loosing sales from other manafactors..

they also told me they sale more 400ex than they do 450rs
more 700 priaries than the rincion 650..

they just dont see why they didnt add the electriic start....

by the way i know this guy pretty well ... that is why he gave me that answer if it was anyone else he would have said it dont need a update its perfect the black plastic is just a plus.

sparky450AR
06-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
i was talking to my local dealer agian and i ask them about the 400ex and they said its not looking good.. and thats all they said..

i ask them if they was happy with the updates.. they said what updates and i said the plastic.. they said oh woopie its black.. and i just laughed.. it then we got talking seriously and he was telling me that alot of dealers are getting mad with the honda bikes.. they are loosing sales from other manafactors..

they also told me they sale more 400ex than they do 450rs
more 700 priaries than the rincion 650..

they just dont see why they didnt add the electriic start....

by the way i know this guy pretty well ... that is why he gave me that answer if it was anyone else he would have said it dont need a update its perfect the black plastic is just a plus.

I talked to a big dealer in louisville KY and they said they were selling way more 450's than all EX's combined. Its all the type of customers that come in that week. They arent all selling the same amount of quads.

Scottie Mac
06-07-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
This is the ONLY trully un-biased post i've seen....well done.

Well, jeez, this is a real slap in the face. I pride myself in "telling it like it is" whether it is popular or not If you think my post was biased because I am a YFZ owner, you are confused and you need to go back a re read it. I have said a million times, I don't get paid to ride either and would buy a new Suzuki in a heartbeat if it is a better MX base to start from.

I don't need to justify your purchase of a TRX450R, it really shouldn't matter if anyone agrees with your purchase. Some people are so hypersensative when anyone brings up anything that may not be perfect about their (insert quad name/type here)!

Thinking like that is why we went from 1998 to 2004 without any new quads worth a damn from Honda or Yamaha. If there is no need to improve products, the manufacturers are not going to put forth the effort in R&D or $money$ to produce new, better machinery.

Scott

TCracin440ex
06-07-2004, 08:30 AM
a lil off topic here...but scottie...man you have the longest post's to replys ive ever seen...but i get every last word of it...some people post and have no idea or clue wtf they just said

jmoney45
06-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
Well, jeez, this is a real slap in the face. I pride myself in "telling it like it is" whether it is popular or not If you think my post was biased because I am a YFZ owner, you are confused and you need to go back a re read it. I have said a million times, I don't get paid to ride either and would buy a new Suzuki in a heartbeat if it is a better MX base to start from.

I don't need to justify your purchase of a TRX450R, it really shouldn't matter if anyone agrees with your purchase. Some people are so hypersensative when anyone brings up anything that may not be perfect about their (insert quad name/type here)!

Thinking like that is why we went from 1998 to 2004 without any new quads worth a damn from Honda or Yamaha. If there is no need to improve products, the manufacturers are not going to put forth the effort in R&D or $money$ to produce new, better machinery.

Scott

Actually it looks like he was complimenting you by calling your post unbiased.

sparky450AR
06-07-2004, 11:23 AM

Scott

Scottie,

You and I have already had this chat about these two quads. We all know your stance, but we know you love your YFZ. And we love our hondas. And we are all going to say things at some point in the post that make ours look better. And bad habit didnt, he doesnt own either quad, but he has rode both. So I thought his post was worthy of being un-biased.

By me saying "we are all going to say things that make ours look better" I mean simple things.

Simple things like this, that you have said.

"I mean he was flying around, looking Gust-like. But, something was different. By the time the race was over, it had dawned on me. Twisted did what was best to make him a faster rider...................... he raced a YFZ!!!!!!!! "

"The YFZ is sooo corked up from the factory it won't run well on the bottom, BUT, that is easily fixed. De cork the pipe, rejet it and remove the air box lid and it "feels" every bit as torquey as a TRX, plus it "feels" like it pulls harder from mid to top. "

And there is one post you made (can't find the thread) That named all the things a TRX needs to be up to parr with a YFZ

And when other people say bad things about our quads, it pisses us off. Remember this?

"Jumbo,

Why don't you grow up and stop posting that picture of the YFZ that caught on fire. EVERYONE on here has seen it, numerous times. How about every time you post that, I follow up with the pics of the TRX with half of its side case broken open? NO, that would be childish. You have been warned already by GUY400 for trying to start sh1t, how bout we grow up a little?"

When I search for your name there are atleast 5 TRX vs. YFZ threads on the first page. You will find my name in a lot of these too.

What I am saying is this is normal, because we spent nearly 7 g's on a machine. So obviously we feel that machine is the best. You are going for the best MX based machine from the factory. Some people dont understand that thats not what honda was trying to do, or else they would have done it! Quote from hondas site, "Desert, woods, track—the all-new TRX450R doesn't care where it's going to dominate."

I named bad habits post "truly un-biased" because he owned neither machine, and everything he said was true. Also, a person that doest race XC or MX and they just go out a do whatever, maybe get on the track maybe go ride a harescramble course....these are the ones with the un-biased opinions on the overall quad.

Bad Habit
06-07-2004, 11:58 AM
I called Scottie's post unbiased, and I'll stand by that. He races MX, so his assessments will have that twist to it. I'm sure that he thinks the YFZ is better, and he should. It would be a little ignorant to say brand X is better for me and what I do, but I'm gonna buy brand Y.:huh

Again, it comes down to neither of these machines is perfect for every riding discipline. MX, XC, Dunes, Desert, put these two head to head in each of these and you'll find shortcomings with both. More is some areas, and less in others.

sparky450AR
06-07-2004, 12:02 PM
One more point....

The title of this thread is "and the new color for the 2005 trx450r is????"

So why in the world would i be posting what i posted above in a thread with that sort of name. Its because the first YFZ owner to post in this thread had to go off and say something stupid like honda is copying yamaha, and he doesnt like it. I have seen so many threads like this that it starts getting very annoying.

sparky450AR
06-07-2004, 12:11 PM
I called Scottie's post unbiased, and I'll stand by that. He races MX, so his assessments will have that twist to it. I'm sure that he thinks the YFZ is better, and he should. It would be a little ignorant to say brand X is better for me and what I do, but I'm gonna buy brand Y.:huh

Again, it comes down to neither of these machines is perfect for every riding discipline. MX, XC, Dunes, Desert, put these two head to head in each of these and you'll find shortcomings with both. More is some areas, and less in others.

You basically restated what I posted. If scottie is basing his assesments on an MX quad....this is biased! Atleast it is to the people that ride dunes, desert, and woods.

Theres nothing wrong with anyones assesments, but you as a reader must be careful, and understand what type of riding they do and if it fits you or not.

Because you are an agressive recreational rider and dont spend all your time either on the track or in the woods, i thought your post was an all around un-biased post. NO BIG DEAL!

Scottie Mac
06-07-2004, 12:28 PM
NO BIG DEAL!

Well, I can at least agree with that.

As far as my previous posts, I never start badmouthing any quad, but if somone makes a statement about brand X and I do not agree with it, then I am going to interject my opinion. That is what this forum is all about.

I don't think you or anyone else can find a post on here where I state anything that is not a general fact.

As for my statement about "Twisted" we are friends, I woudl have made the same post if he had been riding a KFX400, Z400, Artic Cat, Kasea, Cannondale, John Deer, Golf cart, etc. We love nothing better than picking on each other. As I mentioned in the post, I was KIDDING. But I notice you left that part out of your attachment. Thanks.

I jumped on Jumbo because his post was simply trying to start crap, just like I complained about the post with the pic of the TRX and the sign that said "For Sale or Trade for Yamaha". Wow, biased.

Oh well, can't please everyone.

Scott

TCracin440,

YES, I am long winded. I should have been a lawyer.

sparky450AR
06-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Well, I can at least agree with that.

As far as my previous posts, I never start badmouthing any quad, but if somone makes a statement about brand X and I do not agree with it, then I am going to interject my opinion. That is what this forum is all about.

I don't think you or anyone else can find a post on here where I state anything that is not a general fact.

As for my statement about "Twisted" we are friends, I woudl have made the same post if he had been riding a KFX400, Z400, Artic Cat, Kasea, Cannondale, John Deer, Golf cart, etc. We love nothing better than picking on each other. As I mentioned in the post, I was KIDDING. But I notice you left that part out of your attachment. Thanks.

I jumped on Jumbo because his post was simply trying to start crap, just like I complained about the post with the pic of the TRX and the sign that said "For Sale or Trade for Yamaha". Wow, biased.

Oh well, can't please everyone.

Scott

TCracin440,

YES, I am long winded. I should have been a lawyer.

Scott, i completely unnderstand you. When we are dissagreeing with someone about these two quads and defending one quad over another. We often end the post with "but both quads are great". This last sentence means nothing and everything, if you know what i mean. It is true both quads have weaknesses. I am like you I never try to start arguments between two quads....but if i do get involved i will simply argue what has been said about that one quad that i dissagree with, not bash the other quad while argueing. I like you as a member on exriders,,, and when i said bad habits post was the only truly unbiased it wasnt an attack on you.

If a person is basing there assesment on one type of riding,, then it is biased.

Also, we as owners of the 450R's and YFZ's will once in awhile try to make them look better, theres nothing wrong with this!!!!!!!

But when you are talking to potential buyers, they should know what kind of riding you do, and your honest true opinion on everything.

I feel i have clearly explained why i thought bad habits post was unbiased.

Puff Daddy
06-07-2004, 02:13 PM
I am going to say this one time to you all YFZ owners who come on a honda website and try to down all 450r owners..........

here's the truth: (yamaha found out that honda was making a 450r and then they decided to make their's earlier (they just basically modified the raptor looks a little) they would hope that since racing seasson was about to start, that they would make a big sales and several racers would go for it..........(yamaha also found out that honda was going to make a deal with showa and honda previously was going to run the front and rear shocks that is on the YFZ, but yamaha found out and offered more money to showa and got the original shocks that honda was going to use in the first place........ (damn yamaha)

Goods & bads
of 450r and yfz450
(this is an equal thing if you think about it)

450r specs:
the 450r is a 4 valve but honda kept their 449cc bore and a bigger carb than the yamaha.........

on the other hand

yamaha used their 5 valve with a smaller carb but with a stupid stroke displacment of 439cc (which i would say sucks for yamaha owners, to have to stroke it to make a true 450cc)

(if you think about it is equal in the motor department):p :) :) :huh :devil:

Puff Daddy
06-07-2004, 02:20 PM
i love the new black 450r look and silver graphics.......

the ownly minor adjustment honda should make to the 450r is it's rear linkage and that's and a R&D option of a electric or kickstart 450r)

i would be badass if they changed the rear linkage and thats the only changes that really need to be made to it........

throw a hood scoop on it and a bling star front bumper and it would be badass.............

(please post more pics of the new black and silver 450r please!!!!):D

Puff Daddy
06-07-2004, 02:23 PM
if you are going to talk trash on the best 450 (450r) then you should never have joined this website anyways and stay out of the trx450r forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(please post more pics of the 05 450r please)

(i'm planning on getting a 05' 450r because they could have whent back and corrected the flaws in it and the black and silver theme is badass)

1995 300ex
mods: so many that i can't list them all............

Scottie Mac
06-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Sparky,

The respect is mutual. I can listen to your opinions and respect them because they sound like "real world experiance."

And, yes, I am a MX guy, always have been, always wil be, and my opinions are of a MX nature. I do ride trails occasionally, but not much.

Puff,

I don't even know what to say to your post. I don't know where you got your info, but it was at least, entertaining. Kinda like listening to a bad commedian. Not funny, but you still laugh.

BAck to the original topic, I think the black/silver looks awesome, but black doesn't look good after hard riding. I was hoping they would go to a white/red or a white/blue theme like the old 250R. Maybe next year.

Scott

Bad Habit
06-07-2004, 05:02 PM
BAck to the original topic, I think the black/silver looks awesome, but black doesn't look good after hard riding. I was hoping they would go to a white/red or a white/blue theme like the old 250R. Maybe next year.

Scott

I would love to see a retro bling 450R. Put on an aftermarket white tank and a blue seat cover. Would remind me of when they cam out with the old 200X. (man am I old):(

Scottie Mac
06-07-2004, 05:12 PM
(man am I old):(

HAHAHAHHAH I had a 200sx and a..... ahhh..... cough....Big Red...

I think I am even older.

Scott

Thump_It
06-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah Scottie, you are also kinda like one of those bad comedians, good come back. Seriously just grow up a little. Arguing on this site is like wiping before you poop, it just don't make sense. Nobody is gonna win an argument here.

Scottie Mac
06-07-2004, 07:31 PM
WHAT? Whatever. Some idiot posts information that has NO FACTUAL backing and I make fun of it and I am the arsehole?

Have you not read any of the stuff Sparky and I were talking about? I HATE BS, and that is what the post was.

Some people on here just don't get it. Others do, take the good with the BAD.

Scott

PS
Thump it? you need not reply, I think this thread has had enough $hit thrown. Lets see if you can be mature enough to do it?

Thump_It
06-07-2004, 07:37 PM
WOW

sparky450AR
06-07-2004, 10:27 PM
WHAT? Whatever. Some idiot posts information that has NO FACTUAL backing and I make fun of it and I am the arsehole?

Have you not read any of the stuff Sparky and I were talking about? I HATE BS, and that is what the post was.

Some people on here just don't get it. Others do, take the good with the BAD.

Scott

PS
Thump it? you need not reply, I think this thread has had enough $hit thrown. Lets see if you can be mature enough to do it?

Sometimes these threads make you feel sorry you even posted in them! LOL nice talkin with you scottie, as always.

ATC83
06-08-2004, 06:27 AM
I would love to see a retro bling 450R. Put on an aftermarket white tank and a blue seat cover. Would remind me of when they cam out with the old 200X. (man am I old):(

I agree with you, i think it would be really cool for Honda to come out with a retro look for the TRX450R. I would like to see red plastic with a blue seat and white tank. I always liked that color on my 200X and 350X. If I was Honda I would go all out and put a pro-link sticker on the swing arm and have gold anodized rims.

Puff Daddy
06-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparky450AR
06-08-2004, 11:49 AM
I agree with you, i think it would be really cool for Honda to come out with a retro look for the TRX450R. I would like to see red plastic with a blue seat and white tank. I always liked that color on my 200X and 350X. If I was Honda I would go all out and put a pro-link sticker on the swing arm and have gold anodized rims.

oldschool! That would be awesome.....i think im gonna hafta go retro on my R now.:)

hondarepPart2
06-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Thump_It
Yeah Scottie, you are also kinda like one of those bad comedians, good come back. Seriously just grow up a little.

i feel for ya scottie!!!

RobZ_450R
06-12-2004, 05:40 PM

Many people do not understand that R&D takes time. If you want something done quickly & poorly buy a Yamaha! It takes a min of 2 years for any changes to come out cause there is soo much testing that goes on to make a quality product.

creechfan
06-14-2004, 12:04 PM
looks ok.......i guess honda did not want to copy yamaha's trade mark "pulled back" front fender look, they left that to polaris and suzuki.

i am a yfz owner and i really wana ride a 450R,
for any one who has ridden a CRF450 bike, is the power of that bike the same as the quad??
i have some seat time on a CRF450 and that thing has GOBS of awsome power, if the quad is anything like this bike then WOW!!

Scottie Mac
06-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by creechfan

i am a yfz owner and i really wana ride a 450R,
for any one who has ridden a CRF450 bike, is the power of that bike the same as the quad??
i have some seat time on a CRF450 and that thing has GOBS of awsome power, if the quad is anything like this bike then WOW!!

No. The TRX and CRF motors are very different. I have a lot of time on a crf based JRD machine as well as YFZs and TRXs and I would say the power delivery on the TRX is in between that of the CRF and YFZ. It doesn't have as much torque as the CRF bike, but slightly more than the YFZ. The biggest defference between the CRF and TRX is that the TRX's power signs off alot sooner than the CRF, which is no surprize seeing that the bike motor revs a lot higher than the quad. I personally believe the TRX motor is a better quad motor for the masses than the CRF. But for a purely MX person, the CRF is a tough motor to beat.

Scott

sparky450AR
06-14-2004, 01:11 PM
No. The TRX and CRF motors are very different. I have a lot of time on a crf based JRD machine as well as YFZs and TRXs and I would say the power delivery on the TRX is in between that of the CRF and YFZ. It doesn't have as much torque as the CRF bike, but slightly more than the YFZ. The biggest defference between the CRF and TRX is that the TRX's power signs off alot sooner than the CRF, which is no surprize seeing that the bike motor revs a lot higher than the quad. I personally believe the TRX motor is a better quad motor for the masses than the CRF. But for a purely MX person, the CRF is a tough motor to beat.

Scott

Your right, but ill tell you what the biggest difference is....weight, and two more wheels. Does the CRF DB motor have titanium valves, like the yamaha? I thought they changed over to steel for the quad. It also has higher compression, and a different bore and stroke, but the quad has a bigger carb.

Scottie Mac
06-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Your right, but ill tell you what the biggest difference is....weight, and two more wheels. Does the CRF DB motor have titanium valves, like the yamaha? I thought they changed over to steel for the quad. It also has higher compression, and a different bore and stroke, but the quad has a bigger carb.

The CRF I was talking about was a quad, a JRD race quad with a 2003 CRF motor. So, weight and extra tires are not an issue. Yes, the quad uses steel valves, but I do not think that is a performance advantage.

Like I said, the two motors are very different. In fact, according to Honda they share very few parts. The quad has a bigger carb, but the bike has a better "performance" carb. Six of one, half a dozen of another.

Scott

sparky450AR
06-14-2004, 01:34 PM
The CRF I was talking about was a quad, a JRD race quad with a 2003 CRF motor. So, weight and extra tires are not an issue. Yes, the quad uses steel valves, but I do not think that is a performance advantage.

Like I said, the two motors are very different. In fact, according to Honda they share very few parts. The quad has a bigger carb, but the bike has a better "performance" carb. Six of one, half a dozen of another.

Scott

Titanium valves are supposed to be more "high performance". So no steel valves are not an advantage. Just to clear up what i meant. When i said weight was the difference, i meant between the feel of power on the CRF and the TRX.

Rebelrider4OOex
06-14-2004, 04:59 PM
id like it if they came out with a white 1 and the black 1 as a limited eddition but with black frame and shock springs cuz then i could get some factory white plaastics on the L E eddition with black frame .........that would look sick with black hypers!!:eek2: :D

creechfan
06-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys for the Info! i really dont like to stir things up in fourms.
i really like to take a step back some times and see the sport market as a whole. we (the sport riders) have a lota great choices. you can go back just a few years and still be wishing you had 20k for that "custom racer" allthough some of us still want that 20k racer, for those of us with out that kinda cash have an awsome supply of new machinery FROM THE FACTORYS that is just awosme. i think all the new quads are going to be like the dirt bikes have been for years......all most the exact same power and feel, it is going to be the rider who makes or breaks the quad. Aany one who follows the GNC MX series knows what i am talking about.

-Thanks guys