PDA

View Full Version : Got a new Elka...!

Narly R
06-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Well I am switchen over to a no link. It is high and low speed ajustable, ssd, all the goods. I cant wait to use it. It is sooo BIG!:eek:

HiZ
06-01-2004, 10:20 PM
How exactly does the No Link work?
Thanks

Bill Fuller
06-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
It is sooo BIG!:eek:

I have heard that a time or two myself:D J/K

Why would you want to go with the no link?

Narly R
06-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Yeah I get that a lot to...:rolleyes: :o :p

No link is where the shock goes directly from the frame to the swingarm, where a link, will go to the links on the swingarm.

I had to go to a no link, because I am switching over to a crf engine, and got a lsr DC-4 swingarm, and frame, and it was the only think i could run, but it has soo much more travel!

06-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Narly what are you currently using on the rearend??

I'd like to here what you have to say about going from brand X to the elka and which works better.

airheadedduner
06-02-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Narly what are you currently using on the rearend??

I'd like to here what you have to say about going from brand X to the elka and which works better.
He had standered link elka on his R before.

KC stop modding your bike damnit:cuss, you already whoop my arse bad enough:o :(

Doibugu2
06-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
I have heard that a time or two myself:D J/K

I dont know if impressing little D is saying much!:eek:

Bill Fuller
06-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I dont know if impressing little D is saying much!:eek: Aslong as somebody says it dammit,I'm happy :D

Narly R
06-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
He had standered link elka on his R before.

KC stop modding your bike damnit:cuss, you already whoop my arse bad enough:o :(

LOL... I am almost done, so dont worry, but when are we gunna get to race together again? Have you been at Albany or Madras? I wanted to be at Madras the last 2 weekends, but injury's say no. But we need to get together again!

Rico, I had the same shock, only link last time, and before that I had stock. So I am hoping that the new no-link will be better once I get it dialed in, but I herd that it is the hardest shock to dial in ever!? People said I was crazy for switchen, but i'll show them....:D I had to though for the 450... I will give the full report on if I wilke it better or not.;)

06-02-2004, 07:15 PM
I remember when I had an Elka Elite rear shock, all the goodies and it blew up after 3 rides. Thats whan God smacked me with his Axis hand.

pnut420
06-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TeamCRC
I remember when I had an Elka Elite rear shock, all the goodies and it blew up after 3 rides. Thats whan God smacked me with his Axis hand.

:rolleyes: yeah ok

HiZ
06-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
No link is where the shock goes directly from the frame to the swingarm, where a link, will go to the links on the swingarm.

I know that but what is the benifit!

06-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by pnut420
:rolleyes: yeah ok

Im serious. After it blew up I sold it to 400exRacerX for a cheap price and bought a used Axis Rear. Much better. Never a prob and worked very well.

:rolleyes:

diesel-mech
06-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by HiZ
How exactly does the No Link work?
Thanks

:D :) It works great!! and last a long time.:blah: ;)

Pappy
06-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by TeamCRC
Im serious. After it blew up I sold it to 400exRacerX for a cheap price and bought a used Axis Rear. Much better. Never a prob and worked very well.

:rolleyes:

lol....you have to actually ride to break parts:devil:

06-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol....you have to actually ride to break parts:devil:

DOH..............:eek:

Hulk250
06-04-2004, 04:56 PM
How much did the shock cost/ did u order it direct from elka? I am thinkin bout getting the same setup soon.

Narly R
06-04-2004, 06:21 PM
One of my sponsors got it for me, so I got it at cost. wich was $927. I am not shure how much they are retail.