PDA

View Full Version : 250r or 400EX<conversions

SSracingNY
06-01-2004, 06:09 PM
I am debating on getting a 250R, keep it a little while and throw in a 450 motor. My other option im thinkin about is getting a 400EX, keep it a while and buy a 450 motor and put in the 400 frame. I was thinkin the 250r would be an easier conversion since the radiator is already mounted but i want to kinda get out of the 2-strokes. Plus I cant find many around the $2700 mark or under. I was thinkin the 400 b/c ive ridden a few and i like them a lot. They are very reliable and a lot of fun to ride. I know its up to me but what do you guys think?

Flo Bee
06-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Have you considered piecing something together from aftermarket parts? The thing that worries me these days in dealing with R's is that most of the chassis out there have been stressed hard for so many years now. I don't think you could go wrong with the R chassis from a bike that hasn't been totally thrashed, but where I live, that's hard to find. There's absolutely nothing you can't buy for a 250R. The 400 has a great aftermarket, too... but with less years of development.

Good luck.