PDA

View Full Version : Painting high temp. parts

Alberta_Qaudin
06-01-2004, 02:09 PM
k i'm gunna post this here since it seems to be the best place to get replies.....Can anyone tell me what undercoat and type of paint they use on high heat parts/high wear parts.

thanks in advance

06-01-2004, 02:18 PM
The make a high tamp powdercoat that will with stand temperatures up to 1000 degree F. That should hold up good too.

zephead400ex
06-01-2004, 02:51 PM
I am not sure the brand but I used a high temp paint, black in color, on my oil can. It is holding up very well. It has been painted for about a year and have not had any problems yet. I will look to see what brand it is and post later.

Martin Blair
06-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Your best bet is hi temp pc, it will hold up to about anything. But if you use hi temp paint put it in the oven at about 450 for a hour.

Your name freaked me out I thought it first said Alquida (sp) :eek2:

Alberta_Qaudin
06-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Your name freaked me out I thought it first said Alquida (sp)

well here's hopin others dont make the same mistake, track me down and shoot my *****

So whats the price of powder coating, i know that some of that high heat paint can get expensive as hell if you want any color other than black or aluminum

hondarider2006
06-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Around here PC runs for about $50 an hour...maybe a little more, but that should be in the ball park. If you want something that will last a long time....than get it pc, not painted.