PDA

View Full Version : Help broke connecting rod

phireboi
06-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Well i put my fourwheeler in for a top end rebuild because it lost compression and wouldnt run and just now i get a call and they say my connecting rod is trashed...and it would be like an extra 750 bucks.....Is this price legit or are they trying to jip me?

cals400ex
06-01-2004, 02:21 PM
that definately seems steep. i assume they are going to install it too. what brand is that? i am not sure the work involved in installing a rod..

UglyMotha™
06-01-2004, 02:34 PM
the cases will have to split, the rod really isn't that much, it's the labor that rapes ya

Martin Blair
06-01-2004, 03:36 PM
If you sent it to your dealer go get it and sned out the motor send it off to a builder (LRD, Sparks, TC, FST) it will probably be less and built a hella lot better.

mikeboone
06-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Go ahead and get the Carrillo rod installed. www.carrilloind.com Dont waste your time and money with a stock rod! The shop prolly quoted you a price on new Honda 400ex crank--well over $400 just for the crank and you cant buy the rod seperate. I know your in NC--check out SORE Racing on our webpage www.atvnc.com have him look your quad over b4 you spend thousands un needed!

shamisc
06-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by mikeboone
Go ahead and get the Carrillo rod installed. www.carrilloind.com Dont waste your time and money with a stock rod! The shop prolly quoted you a price on new Honda 400ex crank--well over $400 just for the crank and you cant buy the rod seperate. I know your in NC--check out SORE Racing on our webpage www.atvnc.com have him look your quad over b4 you spend thousands un needed!