View Full Version : June 5&6 2 day Harescramble event W. PA.

jlhughes750
06-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Its another 2 rounds of the District 6 Harescramble series at Foot of the Mountain in Neelyton Pa.

ATV Harescramble at 1:00pm on Saturday
Camping and good times on Saturday night.!!;)
ATV Harescramble at 2:00pm on Sunday

they have bike and youth classes also.
youth and bike run in the morning before the ATV's

The track is located west of Carlilse Pa. on the Pa Turnpike 2 exits.
Neelyton Pa.

also check out www.amadistrict6.com and find the harescramble link.

ATV classes
Open A,B,C
Vet, Senior
0-300 4stroke and 0-230 2 stroke
utility

C-ya there.

jlhughes750
06-01-2004, 12:12 PM
its close enough for you guys down south!!!

Derno24
06-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Jay Atv's start at 1pm? I thought that was when they started racing bike and kids and such?

jlhughes750
06-02-2004, 07:21 AM
Maybe your right!!! thats just more time to relax and set up the camp... and to let the beer chilllll!!!!!!!!

got the VM @10:30 last night didnt know if that was too late. talk to u tonight Derno

later.

Derno24
06-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Mmmmmm Beeeeerrrr!

Do you want to call or chould I Jay?

jlhughes750
06-02-2004, 08:33 AM
I'll be tryin out the YFZ tonight with the new Axis and Gibson stuff!!!! the R is gone so the EX will be the back up.

I got a drum for wash water

Derno24
06-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Cool, I wonder if Joe is going to make it up or wuss out again. I'll be there racing the wife's V-force. I am putting on Elka's and a new bumper and racing it as is.

jlhughes750
06-02-2004, 12:03 PM
:confused:
A few questions???

are you nuts??

what about the Cdale?

what about the Z?

are you bringing both bikes?

:confused:

Derno24
06-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Jay here are your answers. Yes I am serious about the vforce. The z is in pieces: motor is in Nebraska Colby is giving it the overhaul, and Frame is in maryland I think. I will have her together next week. The Dale had a small burp and is being fixed and is finished I just don't have the time to get it. The ride is 4 1/2 hours one way. I want to run this race so there it is.

besides I am really jazzed about racing a machine that is an automatic and has 22" tires. I hope the elka's drop it down.

06-03-2004, 05:15 AM
i m planning on going saturday. are they combining sat, and sunday races or what. are they both points races. i plan on racing sat, then fixing stuff on sunday. because i m going to the va gncc the following weekend.

Ericthered rdr
06-03-2004, 07:15 AM
HMMMMM sounds like we may have some D-7 boys comming up to harrass the Pa guys. It looks like about 8-10 of us from our normal crew have said they are comming up so far. Sounds like it should be a good time. I wish I could ride both days but Sunday is it for me. Looking forward to meeting some of the PA crowd.

Eric

Derno24
06-03-2004, 07:32 AM
From what I have gathered it is 2 seperate races each have points for dist 6. I may be wrong though.

Guys the more the merrier. I think it would be cool to meet some new guys out there.

Jay when you calling man. Want to make sure I am still bringing the trailer!

ex kid
06-03-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
Cool, I wonder if Joe is going to make it up or wuss out again. I'll be there racing the wife's V-force. I am putting on Elka's and a new bumper and racing it as is.

mapquest says it's 2 1/2 hours away. i don't know if my dad want's to drive out there. we might go to the national in Va next week so it'll proably be one or the other. if i come to foot it will only be for the sunday race.

jlhughes750
06-03-2004, 08:24 AM
almost there, 2 more days.

Derno24
06-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
almost there, 2 more days.

So you camping with me Jay or what? Bryan will be there too.

Joe you are welcome to camp with us if you want. There is plenty of room. So you can race both days!

Ericthered rdr
06-03-2004, 08:58 AM
So is FOTM as rocky as Rausch Creek? I saw some pics of the place but it mostly looked like a muddy track. Do they get a good turnout for the kids? I am thinkign about bringing my two boys 5&6 yo up to race in the morning. One has an xr50 and the other has an LT50 quad. Does anyone have the number to the track?

jlhughes750
06-03-2004, 09:29 AM
the # for the track is posted on the first page!

Derno YES we sure are... as long as were still welcome.....
I just tried to call u. Whos alls going? are u still bringing the camper...? We're bringin the tent and EZ up Tara, Jake and I.
It would be great to stay in the camper if its cool, but we did not want to be prezumptious(sp). We were bringing the tent and gear just to be prepared, but I did mention to her that we may have a nicer place to sleep.
This should be a good time. Lets get this thing together. I'm bringin the gas grille, a big bag of chicken and a bunch of burgers. I'm also gonna bring a cooler of Yeunglings for Sat. night. I'll have basic maintence tools including the impact. Got a new EZ up 10x10 with sides. Also bringing the presurre washer with 50 gallons of water.

Derno24
06-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Jay yes I am bringing the trailer. So skip the tent and such. There will be plenty of room in the hut. I'll bring the quick shade, and pressure washer. I'll talk to you more about what else we may need. As it stands now it will be me, Bryan, and my wife. So there will be plenty of room. I think it sleeps 9.

Eric: It is rocky, but really depends on what course they run. I would put it on par with Rausch Creek local race. I was not at the GNCC so I can't compare.

jlhughes750
06-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Derno thanks alot. Were gonna have a blast!

the track is rather rocky in parts but its not that noticable while racin. Not anything like Rausch GNCC.

My boy Jake is really lookin forward to coming to the race and camping. Its all he's been talkin about!! He's got the powerwheels quad all charged up and ready to rip.

400exvet
06-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Jay and Derno, you guys just have way too much fun...I'm jealous. I'll see ya's on Sunday morning...bright and early KNOCK...KNOCK..KNOCK on the camper door...hope your heads won't be hurtin' too bad:p
p.s. leave a burger or dog on the grill for me...there's always one or two left over.
LET IT BE KNOWN!!!!!The rocks at FOM do not hold a candle to Rausch GNCC rocks.:macho ......me and my quad says so! Later, Doug

ex kid
06-03-2004, 04:43 PM
i have work at the shop on saturday.

jlhughes750
06-04-2004, 12:47 PM
skip work!!!

JRDrider22
06-04-2004, 01:23 PM
jimmy were u up at the atco race on memorial day. i remember seeing a person with a last name oh hughes on the back of thier chest protector

06-04-2004, 01:33 PM
i was wondering if anybody went to the miles mountain race.

jlhughes750
06-04-2004, 02:50 PM
JRDRider......... its Jay, not Jimmy... no I was not at Atco.. sorry

Treebasher... It looks like Lucas was the only one at Miles Mt....
He scored one point!

BTW the D6 points are finally updated.
http://www.harescrambleracing.com/data/2004Points/2004D6Quads.htm

06-04-2004, 07:47 PM
i m glad i did nt go to miles mountain then. i m not sure if i m going to fotm saturday or sunday. it s suppose to rain sat. so i guess i ll see in the morning.i m guessing there will be more people on sunday.

Ericthered rdr
06-07-2004, 06:20 AM
I had a great time up there yesterday. Walt runs a good race and the people that help him are top notch. My boys raced in the morning and the other parents and kids there were great. It was racing the way it should be....fun. District 6 should be proud of there reputation that they have earned. The trophies that we got were great and it made my boys so happy. I was third in c-class and got hung up real bad on my third lap..thanks to the other KFX rider that helped me out. Man that track was muddy and rocky but that is what I expected. I had a blast and can't wait to run with you guys again.:D

jlhughes750
06-07-2004, 06:35 AM
race report coming!!!!

Admin
06-07-2004, 07:13 AM
race report coming!!!!

Its about Time!!!

ex kid
06-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
Its about Time!!!

what he said!

greghall
06-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Man that was a rocky race but a top notch operation I run dis.7 & that was my first time up there it was a blast.

jlhughes750
06-07-2004, 11:38 AM
everyone had a blast, I'm startin to really like FOM. Its a lil rocky and ruff but it makes other tracks looks smooth, and is great training.

Greg Hall: I think I remember passin u on the last lap or so.(I ran A class) I was hurtin and had no goggles, u pulled over right away thanks!! I was on the YFZ with the big bumper.

I'll be gettin the race report up this week, My wife was able to get a few good pics of the A class action, and a few of the other classes. It'll be e few days though sorry.

greghall
06-07-2004, 12:04 PM
If anybody caught me I just let them by real fast because I new they were a better man than me:D I did'nt do to bad 7th in B with a second from last place start,you district 6 guys are FAST!!!everybody was real nice in passing no bumping or stuff like that.

jlhughes750
06-08-2004, 06:34 AM
ERICthe Red and Greg Hall.......... I checked out the pics last night and what do u know, theres pics of both of u on there. I'll get my computer straightened out this week and post them on a race report on the race coverage section.

Theres a green KXF leading the C class in one pic??????? and another of some 450R's battling through the woods in the B? class. One R has stock wheels with Razr's??????? You'll see.

greghall
06-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Great,I have no pics of me racing in a long long time can't wait to see them!

400exvet
06-08-2004, 08:27 AM
I was also very impressed with that race. The whole staff is quite friendly and knowledgable. Man, that was a rough track! Now that's a cross country track, lots of mud, rocks, trees, rocks, mud, rocks.....! You have to have good equipment, be on the ball and in good shape to finish good on those kinds of races. I was the second quad that got hung up on the first lap on that tree in that sloppy hard left not far into the woods. My tires must have followed the ruts that were left from the guy that just got unstuck from there not 10 seconds before I did. The rest of my day was spent trying to catch up. I did end up 5th in "B". Jason and Derno, you guys were insane to run that race two days straight. I would still be unable to walk. I saw your other buddy off to the left of the track after the first couple of laps. That had to suck! Derno, how did you do? You guys were packed up in no time. We will be at the June 20th race. Later, Doug

greghall
06-08-2004, 09:17 AM
I got stuck in 3 bottle necks on the first lap I was second from last on the start & the c class caught up to me on the second bottle kneck I would have done much better with a good start.But I'm happy with 7th it will help my points.

Ericthered rdr
06-08-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey I am looking for the info to the sponsor of the race..... it was an RV dealership. I really want to get in touch with them to thank them for the nice trophies and how cool it was of them to get involved in our sport. If anyone has the info please post it so that I can thank them. I am also gonna call Walt to let him know how nice of a race they run there.

jlhughes750
06-08-2004, 09:50 AM
it was Grumbines RV center
they are an advertiser in the paper I write for MRA.

go to www.mcracingaction.com and see if theres a link to there site

Ericthered rdr
06-08-2004, 10:14 AM
it was Grumbines RV center
they are an advertiser in the paper I write for MRA.

go to www.mcracingaction.com and see if theres a link to there site

Sure is Grumbines RV (http://www.grumbine.com/)
they are only 45 min from my house and I have a Fleetwood popup... they may have just got a new customer!!!

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 08:53 AM
race reports up over at the race coverage section