PDA

View Full Version : dirtbike kill switch as starter button

Out_Sider
06-01-2004, 04:24 AM
Can i get some detailed instructions on how to do this mod? i want to remove all electrical stuff i dont need, like lights ect. I know jake did it (pvt. maggot) but i havent been able to get in touch with him lately. so does anyone else have good instructions on doing this mod?

smith_400ex_213
06-01-2004, 08:34 AM
hey i put the bike kill switch on mine and it works great... all u have to do is disconnect everything out of that black box on the handle bars and take the 2 wires from the starter hook them up and away u go... do u got a tether..i boutght my starter at Arts snowmobile and atv salvage for about 10 bucks... http://artssnowmobileandatv.com/

Pvt. Maggot
06-01-2004, 08:55 AM
hey man..lol..my s/n is chemicalmutant now..i don't know if you knew that...but anyway..yeah its not hard at all..the way i did it was...i took the stock thing off...cut all the wires..most of them are all lights and stuff...but i took the 2 wires from the starter button..wired them to the killswitch..and i think i had to put the ground from the stock kill switch in 2..i'm not sure..msg me and i;ll let you know.

redroost85
06-01-2004, 11:44 AM
I am not sure how I did mine either...although Maggot's directions sound right. I have a CR250 kill/starter on mine.:)

Out_Sider
06-01-2004, 06:57 PM
so does it matter what kind of dirtbike kill switch you use? i kind of liked how the kx looks... but if i have to use the cr i will.

BSTURDIVANT
06-01-2004, 07:42 PM
The Kawasaki kill switch works best- has 2 wires- just splice to the existing 2 wires from start button. Take the switch off the bars and check the color, trace down to above the plug, cut and splice.
Dont use kill switch with one wire, the switch has to make to activate starter.

Chanman420q
06-01-2004, 07:48 PM
i bought a cr250 kill switch, went home chopped off the ends on both the cr 250 kill switch and the 400ex start button and spliced them together, originally i had them crimped, i wouldnt have to cut the cr button wires, but it didnt hold very well, and the little splicers im using are pretty strong so id say do it that way, not as clean looking but the wires are hidden underneith the plastic anyways

honda_quad_race
06-01-2004, 08:02 PM
:blah: :blah:

stonerider250x
06-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by honda_quad_race
:blah: :blah:

wtf???:confused: