PDA

View Full Version : Pro-design tether

brif
05-31-2004, 08:19 PM
I have a pro-degn tether I pulled off my previous quad. Both wires have been trimmed to the same length. My question is which wire is the "long" wire and which is the "short" or does it even matter?

JDiablo
05-31-2004, 08:34 PM
thats easy the longer wire is the long one and the shorter wire is the short one....hope i helped:blah:

Out_Sider
05-31-2004, 08:38 PM
dude..read his question...it doesnt matter which is which.

JDiablo
05-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider

i no i was being sarcastic.....but to answer your question....i really don't know,i think if you reverse the wires you get shocked or something i heard...ahh idk don't ever listen to me:cool:

stonerider250x
05-31-2004, 08:51 PM
since the 450r is a kick start u can prolly just plug it into the key wires....if you dont want to use your key. this worked on a 250x.

but im pretty sure it dont matter which wire is where. mine is a pro design and ive switch the wies several times and it didnt make a difference.

Martin Blair
06-01-2004, 01:09 AM
If you dont hook it up right you can get shocked. First off fallow the wire that comes out of the steel plate side of the kill swith, this is the wire you need to ground. The wire coming out of the black plunger thing that the cord hooks to you want to take to your ignition. I just wired mine to the stock kill siwthc, if you do this the wires dont really matter.

HiZ
06-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider

It does!
You want to ground the wire that has the "metal" exposed on it! This way if there is a chance of you making contact to that point and your frame it's just a ground to ground and you are not completing a circuit activating the switch! So Ground the exposed side! this can be doe very easily in direct contact to the CDI wires, clean and effective!