PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new clutch??? plz help

Jingle #11
05-31-2004, 07:34 PM
well today i was out riding and i noticed my bike was making a wierd sound almost like when the axle bearings went out. Just a horrible squeeking sound. Well i narrowed it down to the clutch. It doesnt slip at all. But at a certian point with enough rpms it makes a horrible noise like its chattering. But when i drop the clutch it doesnt do it. Also when i am decelerating it does the same thing. someone plz help. I just switched to some mobil 1 synthetic oil so i thought that might be it or i just need to take my plates out and skuff them up a lil. Is this gonna be ok to ride on?

cals400ex
05-31-2004, 11:45 PM
if the clutch isn't acting up, i wouldn't think that would be your problem.

try to give a better description..

Jingle #11
06-01-2004, 07:33 AM
well im pretty sure its the clutch b/c it only acts up when i have the lever about 3/4 the way out and when i decel from high rpms. ill take a better look at it today but im pretty sure its not my rear end cuz i just got a new carrier and i just replaced my brake pads so i really dont think they are the culprits.

robman
06-01-2004, 11:59 AM
It could be that your valves need adjustment,that may get rid of the chatter.Also i would go with semi oil cause the full synthetic will reduce your clutch friction too much.You need to give more details about the problem,is everything working properly when this sound occures?Is there a loss of power top to bottom?

robman
06-01-2004, 12:06 PM
If its a barnett that's the problem.Take the cover off and check it out maybe a piece of the basket broke off.

Jingle #11
06-01-2004, 01:12 PM
well im really embaresed to say this but i figured it out. After i looked at it a little more carefully i figured if it was the clutch it would be acting up. Turns out it was my skid plate. After my 6+ yrs of wrenching on qauds i cant believe i was that stupid. Thnaks for the suggestions guys.