PDA

View Full Version : axle problems...

400Riderex
05-31-2004, 06:59 PM
when i was riding don this farm road, i was crusing my buddy behind me told me my tires has a slight wobble to them... so when we got back i checked it out and when u lift up the back and move the tires side to side it moves slightly. a guy there said it was my barings.(sorry for spelling) also a while ago i noticed when u would pull my fourwheeler in nuetral slowly backwards u could a griding noise once in a while from the swingarm where the axle goes inside. that only happens once in a while.. Can some please tell me what they thing is wrong. and how much it would cost to fit. and how much a new axle or rear barrings go for? thank you

nicky slee
05-31-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah dude thats your bearings they're toast. You can buy new bearings and seals for $40 to $50 but you might need a new carrier tube that sits in the middle of the bearing carrier in between both bearings. I don't know how much those are though. Or you could just buy a new one with fresh bearings and seals in it and comes with a grease zerk so those bearings will last if you keep em lubed.

400Riderex
05-31-2004, 07:22 PM
thanx man