PDA

View Full Version : LOL trx650r, gotta read this

WhiteBros400ex
05-31-2004, 06:10 PM
Ok well today when i went back to try to get my 450r the guy i talked to was busy so he told the other sale person to save the one 650r lol and me and my friend where just standing there like 650r lol wonder if they are making one.

Make you Wonder:confused::confused:

Sportrax10
05-31-2004, 06:16 PM
The guys up there dont know much about quads, they mostly know about streetbikes and dirtbikes...

Punk'd
05-31-2004, 08:45 PM
My dealer said the 450r goes 90 and 100 with there lil kit added n I told him hes wrong n hes like no im not.. and sum lil kid behind me goes WOW lol:rolleyes:

mephyst
05-31-2004, 08:55 PM
The guy at my dealer told me the HRC kit add's 15 horses too..

roostin_dale
05-31-2004, 09:00 PM
I was talking to my dealer (the guy that pulls in the used 4-wheelers at night:o) and he told me that a yfz will do 110+ stock.

I said "wow, are you serious" he told me " yea, i guarantee if you buy this you will smoke fully decked out MX quads, i do all the time on my stock one"

JDiablo
05-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
I was talking to my dealer (the guy that pulls in the used 4-wheelers at night:o) and he told me that a yfz will do 110+ stock.

I said "wow, are you serious" he told me " yea, i guarantee if you buy this you will smoke fully decked out MX quads, i do all the time on my stock one"

that is like saying a lil 50 can beat a 450R:rolleyes: these dealers just want to sell crap to get more money for them:o

roostin_dale
05-31-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
that is like saying a lil 50 can beat a 450R:rolleyes: these dealers just want to sell crap to get more money for them:o

I seriously think this guy was retarded....im suprised they even let him sit on the quads:huh

JDiablo
05-31-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
I seriously think this guy was retarded....im suprised they even let him sit on the quads:huh

lol....he prolly is just try to make that extra bone in his pocket so he will BS all he wants....im going to pull the BS alarm

WhiteBros400ex
05-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Yea it was pretty funny to listen to guys who dont know a thing about quads try and talk about them lol, i mean if u work at a dealer you should know some thigns about quads i mean at little commonsense(sp) would be nice.

Punk'd
05-31-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by WhiteBros400ex
Yea it was pretty funny to listen to guys who dont know a thing about quads try and talk about them lol, i mean if u work at a dealer you should know some thigns about quads i mean at little commonsense(sp) would be nice.

AMEN n now goin to bed

tkwarrior
06-01-2004, 07:39 AM
One of the local dealers here (which I do not deal with anymore) told me that the yfz would have a faster top end speed because it made more horsepower than the 450r. Then I said well what good is it too have more torque on the 450r and he said you don't need to worry about torque when you have this kind of horsepower.

I got in my car and drove away with a good laugh.

Ryan
06-01-2004, 01:17 PM
I always wondered where they hire these crackheads (Some) that work at the dealership.

JDiablo
06-01-2004, 01:27 PM
but some of them actually do know what they are talking about....but for you to get that is like 1 in a 100 times of talking to one

MOFO
06-01-2004, 04:53 PM
One of my local dealers also told me the 400EX was liquid cooled (as he pointed to the oil cooler) and called it the radiator... I'm not kidding either!

Quick lesson of how you cant believe anything from some dealers!

Sportrax10
06-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
but some of them actually do know what they are talking about....but for you to get that is like 1 in a 100 times of talking to one

The dealer where I got my 450r, Ephrata Cycle Sports, was probably the one in the hundred. His sons and him rode dirtbikes but he knew a good deal about quads and a lot about the 450r motor... He showed me everything I needed to know, and was very helpful...

hunda400ex
06-01-2004, 06:04 PM
i bought an xc 600 from a local polaris dealer and the salesman told me the new powervalve engine got 28 mpg and for those of you that know about sleds know that no sled gets 26 mpg. i laughed at him!

JDiablo
06-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
The dealer where I got my 450r, Ephrata Cycle Sports, was probably the one in the hundred. His sons and him rode dirtbikes but he knew a good deal about quads and a lot about the 450r motor... He showed me everything I needed to know, and was very helpful...

ahh those are the salesman im talking about...lol

WhiteBros400ex
06-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10

Yea they do know a good deal, i got my 400ex from them.

SSracingNY
06-01-2004, 06:55 PM
our local dealer told my buddy to run his quad up and down the road a few times to get the chain nice and warm, then apply the pj1 oil. we all kinda gave him that :huh look. the best is when you go there to get some parts but they say they have to order them, yet you turn around and theres your shifter you need hanging on the wall for $10 less. and you wouldnt have to wait 2 weeks b/c they "forget" to order stuff.

RoadkillerRyan
06-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by SSracingNY
[B]our local dealer told my buddy to run his quad up and down the road a few times to get the chain nice and warm, then apply the pj1 oil. we all kinda gave him that :huh look. B]

umm thats actually a good idea, isnt it?

SSracingNY
06-02-2004, 05:42 PM
yea but theres always coppers and what not. ton of older ppl that complain. kinda ruins things

WOracing
06-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by SSracingNY
our local dealer told my buddy to run his quad up and down the road a few times to get the chain nice and warm, then apply the pj1 oil. we all kinda gave him that :huh look. the best is when you go there to get some parts but they say they have to order them, yet you turn around and theres your shifter you need hanging on the wall for $10 less. and you wouldnt have to wait 2 weeks b/c they "forget" to order stuff.

lol yo mike i figured out a new way...i just remebered i have a DRIVEWAY:D ;)

mephyst
06-02-2004, 06:09 PM
My dad told me this weekend that he has never bought a car, motorcycle, quad, motorhome, trailer, boat or anything that he didn't know more about than the guy selling it to him.. He has too many stories to list.. :macho

300extreme#8
06-02-2004, 06:41 PM
man i sure am glad my dealer sales person i deal with treats me like his brother,he gives me alotta good deals i've prolly saved around 500-1,000 dollars over the 6 years i've went there,he even gave me 2 free quarts of oil b/c he axadently gave me the wrong oil filter when i bout 1 early to get ready for the next 2 changes,i love it in tn.hahahaha crazy thing everyone that works there could careless bout atvs they just have to sale them but they know their hondas and try to help all atv people out as much as they can

WhiteBros400ex
06-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
My dad told me this weekend that he has never bought a car, motorcycle, quad, motorhome, trailer, boat or anything that he didn't know more about than the guy selling it to him.. He has too many stories to list.. :macho

Yea lol lots of people prolly can say the same thing and its amazing to see how many dealers dont know anything about what they are selling to you.

RIDER11X
06-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by WhiteBros400ex
Ok well today when i went back to try to get my 450r the guy i talked to was busy so he told the other sale person to save the one 650r lol and me and my friend where just standing there like 650r lol wonder if they are making one.

Make you Wonder:confused::confused:

Actually, I did see something in one of the mags this month that a TRX650ex is in the works for next summer.:confused: