PDA

View Full Version : Elka oem rebuild with ssd

shook
03-22-2002, 06:30 PM
I just had my shock redone by elka and they put valving and the double rate with ssd and its like a spring back there now theres no dampening I had the nitrogen recharged to day to what they recommend to set it at and it still just dont feel right any suggestions. Its just real bouncy.

Dave400ex
03-22-2002, 06:47 PM
Who Rebuilt your Shock? Call them and tell them what`s going on. I think they will Fix it for you.

shook
03-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Yea but I just got the thing back and was supposed to go riding sunday now Ill be down for a another couple weeks.

Dave400ex
03-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Well go Riding this Weekend and then Call whoever and tell them. They should Fix it for you. Where did you get the Rebuild done?

shook
03-22-2002, 08:05 PM
its a place called C&D racing you can get awsome deals on all elka suspension products service they are cheap on them.Thats where I got my houser a arms ,elka front shocks and dominator axle.Call them ask for Colby he'll hook u up tell him wade sent you (308)3687805 they sell all kinds of stuff and are cheap on mostly every thing they have.

kabd69667
03-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Dude, you can still ride. Mine was the same way. It just needed major adjusting. I would try that before anything

Dave400ex
03-22-2002, 08:25 PM
Yeah C&D Racing is where I will be Buying my Elka Shocks. They have Good Prices. Another Guy on here got his Elka`s from C&D. He is Very Happy with his Shocks and C&D. I agree with Kabd69667. If you Call C&D, tell them what is happening, and Colby should be able to tell you how to Adjust some of that out of there.

shook
03-22-2002, 08:54 PM
what did you adjust the spring tension(preload) may be it has to much or to little did you have the oem conversion or a the whole shock.REF C&D yeah I will pretty much buy all my stuff from Colby and Dusty they seem like really good people and very fair I guess you could say they are normal Joes not trying to get get rich off of one sale they are just trying to get by and enjoy the sport I refer everyone to them.

I have bought 2 sets of a arms ss brakelines chain & sprockets a pair of shocks and getting ready to buy a second pair of front elkas and send another shock for the rear conversion for a 250r.

SGA
03-22-2002, 09:16 PM
I hear C&D Racing is a very good company. Call them and i'm sure they will take care of it. Its possible they got your shock mixed up with someone else's shock and you got sent the wrong one.(wrong spring weight) An elka conversion with SSD should ride smooth as butter.

Dave400ex
03-22-2002, 09:38 PM
Shook, I know Kabd69667 had the Rear Rebuild done.

C&D sounds like a Good Company to deal with. I will be getting my Elka`s from them. Shook, you have Spent a lot of Money with C&D. You should be getting a Discount. If they Mixed your Shock up that would be Weird. I bet if you Adjust it some it will Work Better.

03-22-2002, 09:58 PM
Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your rebuilds. If it means anything, I noticed a BIG difference when I got my Elkas, they seemed at first real soft. After the second ride with them (I just wanted to give the shocks a fair chance to prove themselves before sending them back) and wow!!! I really like my setup that Elka gave me now!!! I have 3 races and 5 rides with them now, and love them more each time I ride. I just had to get used to it, again, for me it was just a learning curve. I recommend trying it out again, maybe do the Sunday ride, and give them (the shocks) a fair chance before giving it your final verdict. You maybe right that there is a problem with them, but you would be the first I heard having a problem with the Elka setup. Good luck!

BTW, I highly recommend C&D Racing!!! I too got my Elkas and a bunch of other after market parts from them.... Colby and Dusty are great in my book!!:cool: :cool: www.cdracingonline.com

kabd69667
03-23-2002, 06:23 AM
Yes, i adjusted the preload. It had way too much. But once you get it ironed out, its a great rear rebuild.

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 04:10 PM
Shook, I would Spend some time Adjusting the Shock to get it How you Want.