PDA

View Full Version : June 6th RD 3 SOCCS at Humboldt Hills

humboldt hills
05-31-2004, 11:49 AM
June 6th - Round 3 SOCCS
The Outlaw - Humboldt Hills
OK the new course is marked! It is the funnest course Ever! It has alot of everything. Bikes and ATVs will run 4 miles with 1 1/2 miles of virgin trails. We took out the MX track so it would be a true Woods Race. I clocked my first lap at 14 minutes 20 seconds today. 9 laps will win the bikes and 6 or 7 will win the ATVs. We put in lots of hillclimbs for the spectators. There are alternate routes that take a little longer for the novice riders, so don't be too afraid!
MINIS...you are in for the biggest treat!!!!! We did some work on a few tricky trail spots here and there to finally get you guys up in the hills. The mini course will be 3 miles, and cover alot more ground than ever before. You get to be the first to roost up the new trails.

So far the weather looks great, of course now its jinxed, but I'm knocking on wood.

I was thinking about getting some T-shirts made up to sell this sunday.
Would anyone buy them?
I am probably only going to get 20 this time. Just to see if they would sell.
Is there anything else you would like to have? Hats, stickers, etc.?

I am kind of falling into a groove after running 5 successful races now and I need your input. What can we do to make it even better? What kind of courses do you prefer? Are our hills too easy or too hard? Or whatever you can think of that would make your day more enjoyable, let me know. You can post here or email me at jwile@earthlink.net.

If you have raced here and had a good time PLEASE come support us this Sunday June, 6th. There are a couple other races close by Sunday that will put a big dent in the local crowd. We are building a new tabletop style motorcross track and a big stage/podium for live music before the weekend race in September. The Fall Classic Weekend. Almost every penny from this Sundays race will go towards them.

worm
05-31-2004, 01:55 PM
DO YOU KNOW WHERE MIDDLETOWN OHIO IS? if you do can you tell me how far the track is from here.im bout 10 miles west of !75 in between dayton and cincy

humboldt hills
05-31-2004, 06:29 PM
You are about 1 hour 15 minutes from us.
Take 73 out of springboro, go thru waynesville/wilmington when you get to new vienna take SR28 East, go thru leesburg and greenfield, 1 mile out of greenfield turn right on SR41 South(at the flashing lights) we are 7 miles down on the left in the little town of Humboldt. Big Sign out front.
Hope to see you Sunday
Jay

Scott Kawi700
06-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Just keep doing what you have been doing with the track. You are doing a great job!! The alternate lines on the hill climbs are a good idea. It's all about having fun and building skills for the less experienced riders, so it's good if they can have chioces if they are not comfortable instead of just giving up because it is too hard. This will keep your turnout up also I think (something for everyone).
Make sure you get a few BIG BOY sizes in those shirts.:D And the stickers would be good too. Great for advertising. You know I'll get some.
I can't wait to run this new track. See ya Sunday.

06-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Jay The race this past weekend was the most fun I have had on a track in a couple years. I think you guys Have a good thing going and I will be at all SOCCS events I can make it too. including this one!

atvchik
06-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Is it Sunday yet???

I agree with Scott on the bypasses. I love the hillclimbs but it's nice to have more than one choice-especially with the track conditions being wet & slick.

The only one I've cringed at was the one back by the house (Humboldt track), with the rock at the bottom. That's only because after a few lap's it started pitching ya to one side into the tree.
That one already had a bypass anyway's so no big deal!

I have to get the rest of the gear cleaned up so we'll see you all Sunday!!:)

humboldt hills
06-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey Tab,
No its not Sunday yet, but it is getting closer every day.
The trail behind the house named Hump that you are thinking of will have to find a new name because I bulldozed it last monday after practice. I decided not only would it make the course alot safer, I could run the minis down there and give them more woods and hills to play on.

The weather looks to cooperate so far, so I am hoping to leave all the hillclimbs in. If so everyone is in for a treat.

I ordered 25 shirts today. They have the SOCC logo with The Outlaw typed above it on the left breast and a great big HHMC logo on the back. They will be $20 a piece this time. If I sell out of them I will get more the next time and get alot better price so I can pass the savings on to you fine folks.

I am getting off my butt and getting out to the shops to get some product givaways tomorrow also. I would like to have about 10 or so items to hand out. I have shirts, some stickers, goggles, gloves, and jerseys so far. we'll see what else tomorrow brings my way.

My new quote;
we are here to race and win, but most of all enjoying each others company at races end.
Jay

240GNCC400
06-01-2004, 08:59 PM
looks like im gonna miss this one. when i got home from UB i found out i cracked one of my lower a-arms pretty good. it was nice meeting some other riders from around columbus. im sure i'll come out to another soccs race this year, but i guess i will see everybody at virginia next.

Scott Kawi700
06-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by 240GNCC400
looks like im gonna miss this one. when i got home from UB i found out i cracked one of my lower a-arms pretty good. it was nice meeting some other riders from around columbus. im sure i'll come out to another soccs race this year, but i guess i will see everybody at virginia next.

Could it be welded to get you going for the weekend? If it can let me know and I can hook ya up.

humboldt hills
06-02-2004, 07:09 AM
This is totally off topic, but I just checked 240gncc400's profile and he's the 4rth person I have found on here with the same birthday as me. March 3rd. I am just wondering if we should make people born on this date aware of their future racing career?

Hey 240gncc400, even if you can't race come on down and I'll put you to work scoring or something. I'll get you an event staff shirt and you can just enjoy the day with us.

Jay

06-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Hey Jay My b-day is march 3rd also if you haven't checked:D

240GNCC400 call me tonight!!!!!!

humboldt hills
06-02-2004, 08:31 AM
If we find many more of us out there the astrology people are going to have to start putting it in our forcast. They would read something like this,

Today you will go riding in the woods. Watch out for trees, roots and rocks. Try not to pass so many of your friends it makes them envious of your Birthday.
HAHA

atvchik
06-02-2004, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by humboldt hills
[B]Hey Tab,
No its not Sunday yet, but it is getting closer every day.
The trail behind the house named Hump that you are thinking of will have to find a new name because I bulldozed it last monday after practice. I decided not only would it make the course alot safer, I could run the minis down there and give them more woods and hills to play on.

Wow! Gone huh? You know I sat at the bottom of that hill on the first practice lap for what seemed like 5 minutes trying to figure another way out of there (I didn't see the bypass then), until Scott came along and told me to get my you-know-what up the freakin' hill. He know's if he makes me mad enough, I will climb anything, LOL! Well, I'm glad I did it now~

I bet the guy that rolled it is glad it's gone too;)

Scott Kawi700
06-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by atvchik
Wow! Gone huh? You know I sat at the bottom of that hill on the first practice lap for what seemed like 5 minutes trying to figure another way out of there (I didn't see the bypass then), until Scott came along and told me to get my you-know-what up the freakin hill. He know's if he makes me mad enough, I will climb anything, LOL![/B]

Sometimes you just have to give a little push in the right direction:devil:

240GNCC400
06-03-2004, 07:05 PM
hey guys, thanks for all the offers for help. i called troy racing yesterday and they had an a arm in stock so i ordered it and it came today. gotta love troy. so it looks like im back in business and will probably be there sunday.
as far as the march 3 birthdays, maybe we should just make a new class for march 3 Bdays (and start it in the front row!)

hey Jay, Im sending you a PM so check it and write back. thanks

WOOLIN
06-07-2004, 08:08 AM
Congrats Jeff on the win!:D
Rowlrag 4th pro
Cat most feared 5th pro
BA 6th pro
Nathan 8th pro
Me 9th pro

06-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Congrats to Jerremy (240GNCC400) for his first place in the 4 stroke class and 8th over all!!!!!!!

and congrats to Glenn (GNCC35) for his second in the pro class and over all.

I had a blast Sunday and can't wait to go back

Fredd the onther members of this site need love too not just TQS clique!;)

trict_out
06-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Congrats to everyone it was a fun race and a great first experience. Atv_chick im glad i didnt end up gettin beat by a girl. What was everyone ridin so maybe i can make out some faces.

240GNCC400
06-07-2004, 01:20 PM
thanks nathan.

rnd 3 was another fun day and a great track. im ready for the next one.

humboldt hills
06-07-2004, 03:27 PM
I can't thank Everyone enough for the record turnout at RD 3, The Outlaw. There were over 350 people and finally over 100 riders. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat with everyone. I was always on the move. Don't be afraid to voice your opinions, good or bad, so I know what to do better. I know a water truck is in the works. Even if just for the start of the ATVs. The Quads came out in force on Sunday. Seeing 12 pro's on the front row was incredible. Next season I will definately add a beginner and vet atv class and maybe split the 4stroke class by age or size. Let me know what you want.
But anyways,
I am just now getting down off the hill after a little to big of post race celebration last night. I will try to get results up tonight and then points and race reports up tomorrow.
Thanks again,
jay

atvchik
06-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by trict_out
Congrats to everyone it was a fun race and a great first experience. Atv_chick im glad i didnt end up gettin beat by a girl. What was everyone ridin so maybe i can make out some faces.

LOL!! I got out pretty cheap, 1 rim, bearings, and some broken plastic, few bruises, hurt pride.....no biggie!!
I'll be back for some more~

Awesome race guy's! You all did really well:D
Jay, you couldn't have found a better bunch of club members to help out, they are all really cool~

Oh, I forgot the camelback that broke and went down my pants on the first lap.....boy, that was cold!!!!:eek2:

popo
06-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Very well organized. Take this over any Dist 11 races.

Scott Kawi700
06-08-2004, 01:08 AM
Hey Nathan, if you need any pointers on how to get one of those heavy KFX700's out of your way, see Marty, He seems to have it down to a science.:eek2: :devil: :eek:

I had a great time. That may have been the toughest track I've run soo far, but it was alot of fun.

Congrats to everyone, EXCEPT MARTY, :p :D (just kidding) on an awesome race!!!

CatMostFeared
06-08-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Scott Kawi700
Hey Nathan, if you need any pointers on how to get one of those heavy KFX700's out of your way, see Marty, He seems to have it down to a science.:eek2: :devil: :eek:

Congrats to everyone, EXCEPT MARTY, :p :D (just kidding) on an awesome race!!!

:mad: Next time I'll come back and finish the job.Just Kidding.
Sorry Scott I thought you were letting me by didnt mean to knock you down the hill.:macho

WOOLIN
06-08-2004, 05:55 AM
sorry about that but I am really bad with names and I didn't have printed results with me.

Scott Kawi700
06-08-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by CatMostFeared
:mad: Next time I'll come back and finish the job.Just Kidding.
Sorry Scott I thought you were letting me by didnt mean to knock you down the hill.:macho

It's all good. No blood, no foul..:cool:

humboldt hills
06-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Sorry for the delay,
I finally got results up from the outlaw and points are updated as well here http://humboldthills.com/home.html
Thanks again everyone.
I will get up a race report tomorrow, and pics will be up from uncle bills and the outlaw by weeeks end.
Jay

06-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Jay is there any way you can organize the lap time details by class instead of riding #? that would make it easier for us to compare our lap times to those that finish around us.

cdalejef
06-08-2004, 01:47 PM
I was thinking the samething. I like the avg mph.

humboldt hills
06-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
Jay is there any way you can organize the lap time details by class instead of riding #? that would make it easier for us to compare our lap times to those that finish around us.

I mentioned it to Kirk Sessions with event scoring, which Is where I purchased the system and he kind of shrugged it off. I know what you are looking for. The way the GNCC site does it is the best I have seen. Right there in a row for quick comparison. The main thing our lap detail is missing is what place you are in on each lap.
I have a little brake here finally. I will give Kirk a call again and see what can be worked out.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Jay

240GNCC400
06-08-2004, 02:01 PM
quote:[ I like the avg mph. ]

especially the first lap! over 100mph in the woods, you guys were flying! j/k

seriously though jay, i appreciate how quickly you get the results up and the fact that you post lap times. already ahead of d. 11

humboldt hills
06-08-2004, 06:49 PM
The reason for the first lap speed is it was only 1 mile to the checkpoint from the start but the computer still recognized it as 4.2 miles. There is probably a way to change it. I am still new at the scoring thing.

PF300ex
06-08-2004, 08:37 PM
I had a pretty rough race. I wrecked on the third lap and hit my head on a tree. I was able to finish the lap with a headache and decided I should quit while I was ahead. The dust on the start was a little scary but I was able to make it through okay.

trict_out
06-08-2004, 10:25 PM
pf i was the black 300ex praked behind you, sorry bout the luck and i agree that dust scared the hell outta me.

humboldt hills
06-09-2004, 06:00 AM
I totally agree, that dust on the first 2 turns was really dangerous. I was just waiting for someone to bite it. But we got lucky and everyone made through. I could have had a water truck there, I just didn't think it would be that bad with the grass on the start. It won't happen again.
Look at it this way, when was the last time you got to complain about dust? For a year its been mud around here.
Later
Jay

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Here's a pic of the start

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 01:47 PM
:blah:

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Heres me I got 5th

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 01:59 PM

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 02:00 PM
:)

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 02:00 PM
:eek:

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 02:02 PM
:macho

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 02:04 PM
:D

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 02:05 PM

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Rowlrag loves his new a-arms an maxi-pads

CatMostFeared
06-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Well most of the pictures didnt turn out that good but me did get some good shots and had alot of fun.:D

humboldt hills
06-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Nice pics Cat,
Its good to see someone is quick at posting pics.
Thats a wise crack on myself.

06-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by CatMostFeared
Rowlrag loves his new a-arms an maxi-pads

I didn't think he used pads anymore..:confused: