PDA

View Full Version : 400ex starter silanoid problem?

Martin Blair
05-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Well I wanted to go ridng arround my house today but when i go to start the bike the thing just clicks and like shorts the bike out as the nutral light flashs, the fuses are fine and no water in the fuse box or condesation. This has happend before and it was because of a loose ground connection, but I check it al,l is this a popular problem? does anyone know what going on with it?

Chanman420q
05-30-2004, 10:45 PM
i got the same problem, go to my thread, "rebuilt engine elec problem" ive tried everything theyve said to do an nothings gotten better, but it may be diffrant in your case.

Martin Blair
05-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Well mine worked yesturday but today nothing, I am going to clean it tommrow and see if it works, blow everything out with air just to make sure theres no water in there. That thread was helpful I will try some of that stuff see what happens. I know that my battery is cahrged well, and the motor is stock no hicomp piston, cam, or anything.

haywire4130
05-31-2004, 01:10 AM
SOLENOID SO LE NO ID, sorry, i'm a stickler for bad spalling:D

400EXracer74
05-31-2004, 09:27 AM
did you check your batery connections? the same thing happened to me and my friends 4 wheelers and all it was is one of the bolts that connects the cables to the battery was a little loose.

F-16Guy
05-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 400EXracer74
did you check your batery connections? the same thing happened to me and my friends 4 wheelers and all it was is one of the bolts that connects the cables to the battery was a little loose.
That's most likely what the problem is. Take all of the connections apart from the battery, solenoid, and grounding points and clean them with a wire brush and some type of solvent (carb cleaner, isopropyl alcohol, brake cleaner, etc.). Once you get it all clean and back together, you can buy a small can of battery terminal protector spray from your local auto parts store. That will keep the connections free of moisture and corrosion. Or, you could just tighten the connection and probably have to mess with it every time you go ride.

Martin Blair
05-31-2004, 09:06 PM
I took everything apart and cleaning, it and scraped away the coroded metal, and filled everything with dielectrical grease, works fine now. And the grease should keep the corosion out.