PDA

View Full Version : Any dunes on the East Coast

TCracin440ex
05-30-2004, 08:39 PM
i was wondering if there is any sand dunes on the east coast that u can ride atvs/ohv on them....ive been wanting to ride sand for a while but traveling across the country to ride some sand is a lil pointless in my opinion....i kno there is silverlake, michigan...but i was reading where u got to have all kinda shyt to ride there....michigan vehicle registration, and michigan ohv registration...and im not really willing to pay for something that i will only use maybe once a year or less...if i can find some dunes on the eastcoast within reason im dying to ride some dunes

massjunglist
05-30-2004, 10:26 PM
not sure but if you find em let me know.

kwatts400
05-31-2004, 01:52 AM
When I went to Silver Lake, all I paid for was a registration sticker and parking for the week, it came out to about $30. Not bad to ride in the sand for a week.

TCracin440ex
05-31-2004, 01:24 PM
30 bux aint that bad...but u gotta figure...my gas money, quad gas, some dune tires and wheels, something for my exhaust cuz my exhaust is mad loud,flags, so on and so on....it will all add up and 30 dollars is a lil bs...buddy of mine told me that little sahara in ok dont charge nothin but 15 bux, and no exhaust noise restrictions, u dont need helment and all other kinda stuff

Brad
05-31-2004, 03:28 PM
dayton, in maine is very soft sand

TCracin440ex
05-31-2004, 03:30 PM
i just did the mapquest thing to silverlake, mi and its a 14 hour drive....which aint bad considering a 29 hour drive to oklahoma, or a 48 or more hr drive to glamis

FTR250Rnif
05-31-2004, 04:53 PM
Province town dunes, and some beaches are legal to ride on

I hear Ptown is sick, just watch out for the "gay marrage' particpants:devil:

Brad
05-31-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by FTR250Rnif
Province town dunes, and some beaches are legal to ride on

I hear Ptown is sick, just watch out for the "gay marrage' particpants:devil:

Nope im 30 miles from p-town and the dunes are closed, and its in truro where the dunes are, we rode there once and then they closed it to all atvs about a week after, it was sick. and there is one legal beach in sandwich, but its been closed for about a year now and theres reall no hope anymore for it opening:(

Bretmd94
05-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Take my advice you dont have to buy sand tires. Just use some stock ones and lower the psi down to like 4 lbs. If you have some bead locks, go lower.

Other wise you would probably buy some cheap paddles and they really arent worth it at all. The only paddles really worth buying IMO are STU padla brats, sand skate 1's, and of course Skat Track Haulers, and edges. There are some new ITP's but i picked a pair up yesterday and they feel a bit heavy but who knows. Weight means a ton for tires in the sand.

kwatts400
06-01-2004, 01:41 AM
TC, the $30 I put in covered the orv sticker and parking for the week. I got 4 days of riding out of it. You can't do that at any of the riding parks near me. Not to mention that the sand is some of the best riding you will ever do. You don't need to get tires, but if you want to get into drag racing, you should get them. I bought some Haulers for my trip and had a blast ripping around the dunes and racing with them.

massjunglist
06-01-2004, 05:52 AM
not a dune by any means but the pit in sandwhich, right behind the carwash is always fun.............................................. until ep shows up!

Honda5
06-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Me and the wife went to silver lake last year and had a blast I had a t-4 on my 400ex and they had no problem with it. you dont need sand tires you can have lots of fun without them, I rode 2 days with them and 2 days without. You can get some for under $50 each.(new)Me the wife and son are going back late July It's cheap to get in It's the7.5 mpg in the motorhome for 1500 miles round trip that kills me!!!

zephead400ex
06-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
30 bux aint that bad...but u gotta figure...my gas money, quad gas, some dune tires and wheels, something for my exhaust cuz my exhaust is mad loud,flags, so on and so on....it will all add up and 30 dollars is a lil bs...buddy of mine told me that little sahara in ok dont charge nothin but 15 bux, and no exhaust noise restrictions, u dont need helment and all other kinda stuff

LS in OK does charge $7 per day for riding. $12 to camp for non-electrical, $16 for electrical. There are no noise restrictions, helmets are not required.

TCracin440ex
06-01-2004, 12:57 PM
honda5...ive decided we are going....i think only problem im proally most likely going to have is my t-4...mine has been shortened and its loud as hell...i guess if all else fails ill order a screen silencer thing from dennis kirk to quiet it down

Honda5
06-01-2004, 04:07 PM
TCracin440ex, we are planning on going to Silver Lake the last week in July. Let me know if you are interested and can make that week we can follow each other there and ride. The wife has already booked a campground, I will have to check which one because it is a different one than we stayed at last year.