PDA

View Full Version : Joe Byrd Riding School

trick450r
05-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Yewh so im going to joe byrd riding school...my dad offered to drive me down their and pay for it lol, anyone else go their??

Chanman420q
05-30-2004, 08:52 PM
where and how much i wanna go

team_450_88
05-30-2004, 09:01 PM
I live bout 1 hour from joes house in union city,TN....I thinks its like $350 got 2 days...but go to joebyrd.com to find out !!

Berry
05-31-2004, 01:28 AM
a bunch of my friends have gone, i think im going this summer

its supposed to be really good!

trick450r
05-31-2004, 07:36 AM
its $300 per day...or i might go to doug gust riding school which is $900 for two days:eek: but my dad insists on me going and him paying so whatever...acually his idea!!

atvrider12764
05-31-2004, 08:06 AM
its 300 for 2 days for group but if you want private is 300 for 1 day

trick450r
05-31-2004, 11:05 AM
im doing private:blah:

xr50layke
05-31-2004, 11:28 AM
you need riding lessons? :huh

i always thought it was better to learn how to ride on your own. it saves you money. i guess it doesnt save you time. but riding skills always goes hand in hand with experience.

Cody_300ex
05-31-2004, 11:30 AM
How old do you have to be to go? Im only 13 and only have a 300ex with basic mods.

Chanman420q
05-31-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by xr50layke
you need riding lessons? :huh

i always thought it was better to learn how to ride on your own. it saves you money. i guess it doesnt save you time. but riding skills always goes hand in hand with experience.

these guys are proffesionals, why wouldnt u want there help? obviously there doing something right

KASCHAK
05-31-2004, 12:09 PM
still 300$ isnt worth its.. i think its a crock of sh1t.. i can learn on my own.. from trial and error. who did they learn. they learned from there mistakes. tried things if they didnt work they tried other.. and what can they possably teach you? how to go around turns... how to get the holeshot?

common..

Berry
05-31-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
How old do you have to be to go? Im only 13 and only have a 300ex with basic mods.
no age limit, and no certain quad or mods...

and i think its awesome that pros are willing to give tips and secrets out to riders...and if you go and you already know alot, than he will stil teach you more! you dont just go out and ride his track and he says do this do that, you have to bring a bike, and ride the track, then you go inside and he shows you what foods you should be eating and how to exercise, makes you run the tredmil, shows you proper maintenance and etc...its a really great program!

derekhonda
05-31-2004, 12:18 PM
switch scenerios for a minute KASCHAK

If you were a baseball pitcher and greg maddox offered to teach you how to pitch better for a sum of money, and you were interested in getting better, wouldnt this be ok?

what if you were a high school quarterback trying to make varsity and you had the opportunity for peyton manning or dan marino or whoever to give you some pointers for a couple days, ill bet they could help you out.

Now what is the difference between them and a professional rider?

KASCHAK
05-31-2004, 12:30 PM
ah... i see your point now.. but i still think its a little different.

edit i think there is a handycap tho.. they have... well tons of money into there quads... most of us dont.. theres has more power.. handles better. has better suspention is lighter easier to throw around.. of couse they can ride better then us

derekhonda
05-31-2004, 12:42 PM
THEY DIDNT START OUT ON THOSE QUADS THOUGH. They rose to the top just like everyone else is trying to, hard work and dedication. After they made it, thats when the started getting the $20,000.00 quads, they used to ride what you and i do, but their abilities made them what they are, not the machines.

xr50layke
05-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
these guys are proffesionals, why wouldnt u want there help? obviously there doing something right

i dont want their help because i dont have 300 dollars to whip out every time i dont know how to take a jump. oh, plus i dont have a quad. oh and, i dont race. i dont want anybodys help. i learn on my own.

roostin_dale
05-31-2004, 03:53 PM
Im going sometime this year...

I want to go to Gust's but when you compare them..

GUST:
Limited to 4 per class
$500-One day
$900-Two day

BYRD:
Not sure how many, but much more than 4 to a class...
and only $300-Two days...

Out_Sider
05-31-2004, 04:50 PM
i'd love to go, but it might be out of the question unless i can go there sometime this summer, but thats doubtful:(

AtvMxRider
05-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
or i might go to doug gust riding school which is $900 for two days:eek: but my dad insists on me going and him paying so whatever...acually his idea!!

You have to be selected to go to Gust's school.

roostin_dale
05-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
You have to be selected to go to Gust's school.

Yep, send in a resume (see his website) and only 4 people are selected, by him, for each class. If he thinks your good he will invite you back, for a price...

tntenter
06-30-2004, 09:46 AM
i am planning on letting my son do a school this summer when it is in Montana.
So would the guys that have went recommend it or not? Worth the money?
He has only been racing for 1 1/2 years so he could and would like help getting better.
It all comes down to: You are never too good or old to learn from someone that is willing to put forth the effert to help.;)

Tommy 17
06-30-2004, 10:20 AM
tnt i went to one on my dirt bike back in 1999... def made me alot faster and showed me lil things that i was doing wrong... it was def worth the money to go if the teacher is good!

trick450r
06-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by tntenter
i am planning on letting my son do a school this summer when it is in Montana.
So would the guys that have went recommend it or not? Worth the money?
He has only been racing for 1 1/2 years so he could and would like help getting better.
It all comes down to: You are never too good or old to learn from someone that is willing to put forth the effert to help.;)

You wont be able to get in this summer, i e-mailed doug gust and he said hes almost full for summer of next year one more rider exepted he said i have a good chance...wish me luck guys!

roostin_dale
06-30-2004, 12:20 PM
You wont be able to get in this summer, i e-mailed doug gust and he said hes almost full for summer of next year

this thread is about the Joe Byrd school, not Doug Gust:p

Nausty
06-30-2004, 01:27 PM
i went to it last summer and had a blast.

He works you really hard and teaches you a lot of stuff in those two days that really help you out. He teaches you how to pass, do differant types of corners, how to do good on holeshots, manage slides, jump jumps, ect, ect.

You learn a ton of stuff and have a lot of fun doing it. Sometimes it kinda sucked when we were learning all this in groups because it seemed like most of the time you were just sitting there watching forever while other people couldn't get it and might not get a chance to stay with it tell they get it.

The last day when everything was all said and done was the best because we gotta play atv soccer which was a blast.

Oh yeah, we won!:D

Toadz400
06-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

He works you really hard and teaches you a lot of stuff in those two days that really help you out. He teaches you how to pass, do differant types of corners, how to do good on holeshots, manage slides, jump jumps, ect, ect.

You learn a ton of stuff and have a lot of fun doing it. Sometimes it kinda sucked when we were learning all this in groups because it seemed like most of the time you were just sitting there watching forever while other people couldn't get it and might not get a chance to stay with it tell they get it.

The last day when everything was all said and done was the best because we gotta play atv soccer which was a blast.

I was going to say how it kinda sounded like a stupid idea...but after reading what you said it makes sense. I guess if I had $300 sitting around I'd go, but I have to work for my money being 15 almost 16 (2 more weeks, golden b-day too...not getting jack sh*t though) and I never have any spare money. It's always going towards quad payments (two quads), gas, and keeping my quads running.

I need a better job:o

Atreyu
06-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

Worth every penny?

Nausty
06-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
Worth every penny?

I'd say so. He hands out a lot of free stuff at the end and he teaches A LOT more than what I mentioned. Like quad set up, training, good parts, bad parts, ect, ect. There is a lot of cool little tricks he taught me that make a huge differance. Specially braking. You guys will find that one out if you go. Basically I was able to cut my braking distance in half almost.:eek2:

He has a HUGE track w/ all differant types of corners, whoops, rythem sections, jumps, ect, ect. We basically went all around the track working on each spot tell we got it perfect.

ALso he works you HARD, the first day after we did all this riding and working and had little sleep right when we all think its time to go home he says. "Get your bicycle, your running shoes and quad all set up, oh and don't forget a chair and some water in case you pass out"

I think we had to run a a lap around this huge track, then bicycle 2 laps to then do 4 laps on our quad. I think thats how many laps for each. I've never been so wore out in my life.

QuadJunkies
07-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Yewh so im going to joe byrd riding school...my dad offered to drive me down their and pay for it lol, anyone else go their?? He has a school In Wash. too....
We got asked to attend it, but its too expensive for all four of us....:eek2: Im gonna try REALLY hard to at least get my Daughter up for a wk end > Her sponsorr would like to see her go......Maybe he could flip the bill.........lol...:o

Natertot426ex
07-01-2004, 05:33 PM
I thought it was in Montana tina:confused:

QuadJunkies
07-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
I thought it was in Montana tina:confused: He also has one up there in Wash. I guess HardRock goes and picks them up at the Airport or something they said to Troy......

QuadJunkies
07-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Nate~~~I tried to get more info off the website but it doesnt say much...:confused:

http://www.hardrockmotorsports.com/joebyrd.htm

They are based out of Wash.... :)

Nausty
07-02-2004, 01:48 PM
did joe move? I went to it in tenn!

oh, yeah. Heather Rose was there too!:D

team_450_88
07-02-2004, 08:20 PM
No Joe does his schools in different states also im not sure if they where talking about joe or doug but joe lives in union city,TN about 45mins from my house..I would like to go but we race everyweekend so its hard to find the time and money !!