PDA

View Full Version : 400ex electrical problem

rcwrules
05-30-2004, 06:23 PM
400EX Electrical problem: For starters, the quad is able to run when jump started. The light switch was quirky and often had to be played with in order to stay on. I had the assmebly apart to inspect the switch itself and noticed some exposed copper on one of the wires. I put everything back together and thats when the problem grew from a light switch not working to a problem with the electrical system.

There are no lights including the neutral light when the ignition is turned on. Nothing at all, it it just DEAD. If I play with the light switch when the motor is running (from a jump start) all the lights flicker and the quad runs fine. OIbviously I need a switch assembly, but is that it? Is something else shorted? What do I need and what will it cost?

05-30-2004, 07:23 PM
ya i think 400exs have fuses so try that out u could have blown a fuse make shure there is no cuts in the wires and the copper its a ground wire thats fine

rcwrules
05-31-2004, 06:28 AM
TThe wire is worn down so u can see the copper. But why doesnt the neutral light work and why wont it start. The worn down wire is for the lights.