PDA

View Full Version : shock ride height?

cals400ex
05-30-2004, 03:55 PM
i will be getting some tripple rate compression adjustment front elkas. how do you know where to set the ride height too? if you want a softer ride, wouldn't you set them so they have a longer height? as you can tell, i really don't have a clue. :D

redrunner
05-30-2004, 06:06 PM
I am in on this question also.

Woodsrider
05-30-2004, 06:09 PM
They will come with an owners manual, and it will explain it in there. Reccomended frame height from the owners manual is as follows: MX between 7.5 and 9 inches, CC is between 8.5 and 10
Recreational riding is 9 to10 inches, measured under the motormount bolts and under the foot pegs.

Tightening the preload ring raises the ride height.

HiZ
05-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Sam and Yann set up my bike, In Echeconne GA, the Elka guys

Anyway do you have a rear Elka? or stock? that will make a differance!
But rules of thumb. set your rear so that It can "sit the lowest w/o hitting anything" airbox etc.
So fully compressed you should be jsut to the piont of hitting the closest object (AirBox) that being set. Now you measure the rear height at the bottom of the frame. at the Focal point, or swingarm/frame mount.
Now you will set the front 1/8-1/4" higher than the rear So that you have a 1/4" max rise to the front of the bike!

And that is how it's done. Should be pretty much the same w a stock rear but not as user friendly. I'm not sure that you will be able to lower it as far as needed.

there you go any questions ASK

cals400ex
05-30-2004, 07:07 PM
i actually have an elka rear and a +1 swingarm.

that process sounds confusing even though it probably isn't....