PDA

View Full Version : Went ridin yesterday...

SSracingNY
05-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Yesterday me and my friend went out ridin where we always ride. But we got kinda bord so we went into the next town over on the old rail road bed. We've been there before but we passed my dads shop so we stopped in to say hello. Then we came back to my friends house and changed. We went to Mickey D's and grabbed some grub, we decided to go back out which was a great idea until a cop started chasing us. (now your prolly like yea you deserved it). Well we have permission to where we ride from a guy named Seb, hes part of the town. But it was no written permission. Anywho, the cop started chasing us but we didnt think it was a cop, it was a stock rancher or recon or something like that. He had a spot light on it but he never used it during our chase, all he had was a plate on the front that says Sheriff but the way the sun and his headlights were, you couldnt tell. We were cutting through some grassy fields and i ran out of gas, so i switched it to reserve and got it goin again. When we thought we lost him we ran back to my friends house and threw em in the garage and changed once more. But the cop followed our tracks and found the house:( then after an hr of sitting around hes like heres three tickets each. They were for unregistered/insured(mine ran out!) and truspassing. We gotta go to court next month. Im just glad they didnt tow em.

NTPracing22
05-30-2004, 08:13 AM
that's no good man. You have to have insurance on your bikes where you live? Make sure you get that permission to ride there on paper and signed Seb before you go to court, it'll make things a lot easier on you guys (if its not on paper already)

SSracingNY
05-30-2004, 08:30 AM
I live in Western NY.

I got a question though. Once i get my dirt bike, and I start racing and what not, do i need insurance on it if im going to be racing and or riding at riding parks or practice at tracks?

Bobbs07
05-30-2004, 10:26 AM
that sucks man. Just think, with all how much them fines will run you, you could have a pretty trick fourwheeler:blah:

Punk'd
05-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Like NTPracing22 said get that paper but if you knew you had permission why didnt you stop if you saw the Sherrif thingy? O well just show them that paper but they will prob be jerks n get you for running from them
:rolleyes:

SSracingNY
05-30-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Like NTPracing22 said get that paper but if you knew you had permission why didnt you stop if you saw the Sherrif thingy? O well just show them that paper but they will prob be jerks n get you for running from them
:rolleyes:

we thought it was just another farmer bein a *ick. we found out he was a sheriff after he pulled up to the house

Ryan
05-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by SSracingNY
I live in Western NY.

I got a question though. Once i get my dirt bike, and I start racing and what not, do i need insurance on it if im going to be racing and or riding at riding parks or practice at tracks?

I don't understand how he got you for not having insurance? If your riding on state property (legally) I believe all you need is registration. Private Property, you really don't need anything, except a permission slip if it isn't your land.

You should look up the insurance deal on a search. If you find out you don't need to have it insured, make sure you bring that up in court. Might save you a ticket.

stupid driver
05-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Ask Popo, he should be able to tell ya what you legally need to ride

KASCHAK
05-30-2004, 01:56 PM
one question..

how did the recon or rancher keep up with you?? there slow..

i wouldve smoked him..

brian-250
05-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
one question..

how did the recon or rancher keep up with you?? there slow..

i wouldve smoked him..

:grr:

Punk'd
05-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by SSracingNY
we thought it was just another farmer bein a *ick. we found out he was a sheriff after he pulled up to the house

Did you tell him you didnt know he was a sherrif n that he needs to put sirens on it or sumthin..

FTR250Rnif
05-30-2004, 02:14 PM
I'd def. fight it. If that cop didnt use his lights to let you know he was a cop, you shoulndnt get charged with running from thewm. That just sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

btw i think if you were a 125, instead of the Blaster, you would have not been caught j/p:D

SSracingNY
05-30-2004, 02:30 PM
To all of yas that just replyed. It is a bunch of bs b/c he never used any lights. He didnt even have red head lights. We told him over and over that we didnt know it was a sheriff and then he was like dont gimme that attitude. You saw the plate on the front that said sheriff and you ran. (we were atleast 25ft away, sun in our eyes, his headlights on, and its a silver plate about 10'' long. 2'' wide with gold lettering at a font of like 1''). I didnt think we needed insurance either. but yea my parents kinda laughed when i told them. but if i had a banshee or somethin fast, he woulda been gone. he wasnt really keepin up, he was like 30 quad lengths back but i turned a corner and the trail split and he musta say the marks where i turned down the 1 trail and took that. mother fuger. but me and my friend arnt ridin around here anymore unless its in a big back yard or friends tracks

WOracing
05-31-2004, 03:27 PM
**** mike....im sure glad i was with jr that whole weekend:blah:

SSracingNY
05-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
**** mike....im sure glad i was with jr that whole weekend:blah:

its no biggie really, just a pain in the *** b/c this controling thing is getting way out of control. Dooch said that he say the cop go by like 3 times the day we got caught

TheFontMaster
05-31-2004, 04:47 PM
In NY you gotta have the quad registered even to have it on your own propety. b/s I know, Atleast you got some place that you've got permision to ride at, all the places around here are posted, They are fun as hell, but posted all the same.

05-31-2004, 05:53 PM
hey you live in western ny we gotta go riding soemtime

TheFontMaster
05-31-2004, 05:59 PM
Poland is about 10 milees north of Utica, wheres Pendleton? I'd love to go riding somtime, but I'm working on contacting the person that bought it, and I wont have a ride till atleast august.
Thanks for the offer, and if you wanna come up here there are some killer sand pitts. :cool:

05-31-2004, 06:07 PM
oh i was talking about ssracing or w/e...i live near buffalo if that helps any.....pendleton is the town i live in but lockport is near by