PDA

View Full Version : oil ratio question for modded mini quad...

QuadJunkies
05-29-2004, 09:10 PM
I also posted this in the mini section.......

oil ratio question for Kasea Guru....
We have a Kasea 90 with a HC piston,(12:1) aluminum rod, CDI to 12,000 Bored 40 to become a true 90,then 10 over .Ported head,28mm flatside Carb, Carbone fiber reed cage full clutch mod, ok here is my question.....

The racing Co. that built it says we should run Opti fully synethic 80:1 with straight c-12 or min. 106 octane

I dont mean to second guess them, but holy cow.....80:1???!!!
Anyhow, were also looking for a differernt oil that would work well with the Kasea since this oil is hard to find around here ......Any suggestions????

INFANTRY RACING
05-29-2004, 09:54 PM
i always ran maxima super m in my old 250r at about 50:1. i know they are different motors to though. some oil companys claim to be safe at 100:1. Do what feels right. i wouldn't personaly go over 50:1

QuadJunkies
05-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
i always ran maxima super m in my old 250r at about 50:1. i know they are different motors to though. some oil companys claim to be safe at 100:1. Do what feels right. i wouldn't personaly go over 50:1 have you ever heard of Opti oil???:confused: We usually run Castrol 927 in hers but they highly reccomend theOPTI, I cant find this stuff anywhere around here.......:( unless I have it shipped from Wash. They stress that I should run 80:1 Itsjust that Ive NEVER heard of that before on a mini:eek2: kinda scary I guess..lol......:p

INFANTRY RACING
05-29-2004, 10:08 PM
who did the motor work. i would seriously discuss with them why they fell thats the best to run. i don't believe i know off that brand. if it's not readily avalible i wouldn't like running it.

if you like the castor 927 try the super m. less smoke and i got less fouled plugs with it

QuadJunkies
05-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
who did the motor work. i would seriously discuss with them why they fell thats the best to run. i don't believe i know off that brand. if it's not readily avalible i wouldn't like running it.

if you like the castor 927 try the super m. less smoke and i got less fouled plugs with it never heard of super M either.......:o never fouled plug with 927 before,but I notice alot of the minis runs it......