PDA

View Full Version : oil ratio question for Kasea Guru....

QuadJunkies
05-29-2004, 06:19 PM
We have a Kasea 90 with a HC piston,(12:1) aluminum rod, CDI to 12,000 Bored 40 to become a true 90,then 10 over .Ported head,28mm flatside Carb, Carbone fiber reed cage full clutch mod, ok here is my question.....

The racing Co. that built it says we should run Opti fully synethic 80:1 with straight c-12 :o or min. 106 octane

I dont mean to second guess them, but holy cow.....80:1???!!!
Anyhow, were also looking for a differernt oil that would work well with the Kasea since this oil is hard to find around here ......Any suggestions????

ACME ROCKET CO.
05-30-2004, 12:20 AM
You trusted them to put a aluminum rod in it so why not trust the recommendation of 80 to 1?
Yes We have ran 80 to 1, in the Canada Quads and some of the Texas quads. Amsoil.

LT80
05-30-2004, 08:27 AM
I tell ppl to get a good oil and mix it at their recommended ratio.
Maybe the oil mentioned is made for 80:1 If not, then I would have questions also.
The general rule is: the higher the rpm, the more oil is needed.We have learned this through go-karts. A high rpm go-kart runs 16:1 mixture
You could learn alot about this at MacDizzy.com

QuadJunkies
05-30-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by ACME ROCKET CO.
You trusted them to put a aluminum rod in it so why not trust the recommendation of 80 to 1?
Yes We have ran 80 to 1, in the Canada Quads and some of the Texas quads. Amsoil. why would we question it????Cause it now has half the mix we used to run and a ton more HP now ....:huh We just prefer to be safe than sorry,we also have freinds runnning this same mix who just had the same power up done .. We one of the first to have this kit done so were just making sure everything runs correctly..........;)

QuadJunkies
05-30-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by LT80
I tell ppl to get a good oil and mix it at their recommended ratio.
Maybe the oil mentioned is made for 80:1 If not, then I would have questions also.
You may be right on the oil, Ill do some more research if I can ever find the stuff......:grr:
Im going to also dbl. check JUST TO MAKE SURE that they did indeed go with the Alum. rod in our mini