PDA

View Full Version : shock Covers or not?

Narly R
05-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I have had mine on, but they still get dirt in them.:mad: And it wears the pain away on my springs. Are they still good to have or not? Cause I see a lot of guys with the same shocks not using them...?

05-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Sound like you r shock coversd are worn ou tand got really thin...just get some new ones....

Hammer trx450r
05-29-2004, 05:54 PM
not!! Ever felt how hot the shock is after a moto under one of those covers? Isn't the idea to keep the things cool?

ewalker302
05-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
I have had mine on, but they still get dirt in them.:mad: And it wears the pain away on my springs. Are they still good to have or not? Cause I see a lot of guys with the same shocks not using them...?

I say not, just from my previous experiences.

They are supposed to keep the shocks clean right, well if they arent totally completly sealed everywhere, then dirt gets in, stays in, and it winds up being worse for your shocks than leaving them open.

:bandit:

cals400ex
05-30-2004, 03:56 PM
i was going to make this same post. i don't like how they rub the gloss and paint off the springs either.....

Out_Sider
05-30-2004, 04:53 PM
yeah, i run mine for muddy races only, but the shock is REALLY hot after a moto.

redroost85
06-01-2004, 11:54 AM
I can see both sides of the arguement here.

One type of thinking is...'I spent all this money on shocks, why shouldn't I protect them?'

The other being...'Having my shocks cooler can only be good and the dirt is something I'll just deal with.'

It sounds like personal preference to me.:)

shamisc
06-02-2004, 07:28 PM
I think they help in really muddy or dusty conditions. I just always take mine off and wash them and the shocks after every ride. Elka makes a very high quality cover, and they look good too!