PDA

View Full Version : Am I supose to do this? (pic inside)

brazilian rider
05-29-2004, 02:10 PM
I was just wondering if this style or way to make a turn is right or wrong in a quad. (leg position)
Another question, in sharp turns, when you are starting to rev again, is it important for your head to stay low to prevent wheeling like in dirtbikes(Motocross) or its not like that.

Thanks for any help

http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v158/alexandreffl/posicionamento_errado.jpg

brazilian rider
05-29-2004, 04:26 PM
BUMP!

300XFST4602
05-29-2004, 05:43 PM
On the Leg position , there really isn't a bad way , just on a sharp turn and such , you want to pretty much lean AS MUCH AS YOU CAN , lean BEFORE you get to the turn...... And for the gear situation , it really depends on if you got a long swinger or if your quad has the power to take a turn in a mid gear......

Out_Sider
05-29-2004, 07:30 PM
when i lean into a turn, i like to lift my leg and have it just kinda out there, lol. i think it's just a preference thing. Just make sure you go into the turn hauling ***, then at the last second, pull in the clutch, brake hard, down shift, and then get back on the gas coming out of the turn ;) :)

Stock 400 rider
05-31-2004, 06:48 AM
Actually this is the wrong way to do a turn.
You have to do all this things ealier, remember that u wanna get out of it the fast as u can and not do it fast.
Brake ealier, down shift lean your body than make a perfect and fast turn!

Berry
05-31-2004, 10:45 AM
i dont think your knee needs to be sticking out that far, just shift your body and try to keep your knees wrapped around your gas tank

Out_Sider
05-31-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Stock 400 rider
Actually this is the wrong way to do a turn.
You have to do all this things ealier, remember that u wanna get out of it the fast as u can and not do it fast.
Brake ealier, down shift lean your body than make a perfect and fast turn!

why would you brake earlier? that's not helping any, that makes you slower i would think

quadchick3
05-31-2004, 04:45 PM
when i come into a turn i slide my butt all the way onto the opposite side of the bike so im on the fender. then pull in ur clutch, downshift, and brake. you want to be on the inside as much as possible with ur back end sliding out. atleast thats how i do it.

NTPRacing#19
05-31-2004, 04:55 PM
best fastest way to go through a turn will take alot of practice because you actually want to use your front brakes more and use your throttle to bring your rear end around. ask any pro mx racer and theyll tell you they go through front brakes more than rears.

and the thing about doing it early, dont listen to him thats rediculous.

stay on the gas as long as you can to the corner. try not to coast to the corner, either be on the gas or on the brakes try not to coast!

Out_Sider
05-31-2004, 10:50 PM
aight, thats what i've been trying to do, i'll actually hit the front brakes then gas it some to spin my rear end around, instead of locking up the rear brakes. it seems to help some, but idk

smith_400ex_213
06-01-2004, 08:55 AM
using ur front brakes will help u turn better

brazilian rider
06-01-2004, 11:24 AM
how should I use my front brakes?
shoud i use it while turning the bars in the turn?

NTPRacing#19
06-01-2004, 05:01 PM
yes ...just apply enough pressure to slow you down but not too much that it will lock them up.

AZblaster44
06-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Only thing I can think of about using your front brakes that hasn't been said is to be really careful abou tusing them if theres alot of breaking bumps, i fyou accidentally lock them up in between hitting bumps when you hit then next one it could be bad:( ... but if you can keep them form locking you should be good....:)

KFX21
06-01-2004, 10:21 PM
I try to drag my front brakes a little, it seem to keep the
front end planted more. It also seems to make the arch
a lot smaller, don't know if it does, but it seems like it. This
seems to work real well on a slick track.

Martin Blair
06-02-2004, 12:33 AM
I have seen some people do this, I race xc but in the fileds this helps kinda like a track maybe, go into the corner fast and try to get the inside lean forward a bit and hit the front brakes hard, not to lock them but to stop quick, while doing this throttle the bike and it swings the rear arround and when your bike is pointed the right way let go of the brake and go back to normal postion on bike. If your stuck with the outside you can do the same and atempt to cut the other guy off.

I have only seen this done in the pro classes of the harescrambles I race, if you could figure out how It would make a super fast corner.