PDA

View Full Version : Old to Quads, New to Board...

Flo Bee
05-29-2004, 12:52 AM
I've been riding quads forever, but I took some time away from them in the past couple years, more or less. I've been building my Mustang up for racing and kind of put my 300EX on the back burner.

Lately, I've been pulling out the quad in the evenings and riding some, and it's great to get back into it. It's a little down on power compared to the new bikes, but it's in perfect condition, and owes me nothing. So I think I might put together somewhat of a sleeper.

Anybody else got any project 300's out there to smoke the newer bikes? I'd really enjoy shaking up some of the locals who just spent a fortune on a new performance quad. The look on their faces would be priceless...

Cody_300ex
05-29-2004, 07:41 AM
roostin_dale has a sparks 250x that will smoke a lot of 250x/300exs on here. Also bradley300 has a badass Gt thunder 350ex. Mine...uhh I can beat stock blasters easy. :D lol

Woodsrider
05-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Can I get a hair cut?:D

J/P welcome to EXriders.

FTR250Rnif
05-29-2004, 10:49 AM
I know 3 kids around my house( pete450,Nstyle300*and nacsracer12) who have pretty modified 300's.

Welcome to exriders!

brian-250
05-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
roostin_dale has a sparks 250x that will smoke a lot of 250x/300exs on here. Also bradley300 has a badass Gt thunder 350ex. Mine...uhh I can beat stock blasters easy. :D lol

i can beat stock 300's with my recon:eek2: , brad's 300 is a POS:devil:

Syrus
05-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Flo Bee
I've been riding quads forever, but I took some time away from them in the past couple years, more or less. I've been building my Mustang up for racing and kind of put my 300EX on the back burner.

Lately, I've been pulling out the quad in the evenings and riding some, and it's great to get back into it. It's a little down on power compared to the new bikes, but it's in perfect condition, and owes me nothing. So I think I might put together somewhat of a sleeper.

Anybody else got any project 300's out there to smoke the newer bikes? I'd really enjoy shaking up some of the locals who just spent a fortune on a new performance quad. The look on their faces would be priceless...

Got any pics of your stang ? i got an 89 GT Cobra 5.0 (mint) and a 1990 5.0 25th aniversery edition, very rare, they call it the 7-up edition, green, convertible with white lether :)

hond_rider52
05-29-2004, 02:17 PM
welcome. and im not meaning to flame or anything but no mater what mods you put on the 300 it wont come close to the 450's but maybe you'll be able to give a 400ex a good run

Flo Bee
05-30-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by hond_rider52
welcome. and im not meaning to flame or anything but no mater what mods you put on the 300 it wont come close to the 450's but maybe you'll be able to give a 400ex a good run

From being in the car game, I've got access to turbos, but finding one small enough is what's hard. I can buy the motorcycle nitrous kits at dealer rate. We can fab anything you can think of. I've got full machine shop access. It's more of a toy, but we do have the ability to go all-out on it. :D

There's that question, "But why?" But you should know better than to ask that.

I've been thinking about a complete restoration of a thrashed Banshee, too. Just more or less something to tinker with...

Syrus, here's a quick shot of the 'Stang with the stock wheels and street tires on from a long while back. It's got a .020" over 4.6 SOHC from SHM (Woodstock, ON) with forged crank, rods, pistons, p/p heads, billet cams, a Lentech (Richmond, ON) 4R70W trans, Hooker longtubes, 4.10's, etc. ProCharger and ~18psi is next, along with intake and fuel system. Most of my car has come from Ontario, and I've got a house on the Rideau system up near Portland, ON.

I love the older Foxes and 5.0's! I grew up around them back in the early 90's, when all my older friends had them. I've built many a 5.0 in the past few years with my friends. I have a friend who used to have a green vert just like yours, with white top and white leather back around '97 or so. It was quite a nice piece.

http://www.matthilldesigns.com/mustang_images/driveway.jpg

stonerider250x
05-30-2004, 12:54 AM
nice stang:cool:

Bretmd94
05-30-2004, 02:51 AM
hes into banshees and mustangs......

you like having to work on things a lot dont you?

jk, decent mustang for a mustang. And thats from a person that hate mustange more than any other car on earth.