PDA

View Full Version : Help Fast!!!!!! Please!!!

RideRed400StYlE
03-22-2002, 02:20 PM
How do you adjust the needle on the 400 carb, I took the top off, do I take out the 2 screws inside?

How do you take the choke out, and does it make a noticable difference. would I have to adjust anything else along with that>?

MadcapEX
03-22-2002, 02:24 PM
Yes take the 2 little pain in the arse screws out and the screw that holds the linkage to the shaft on top,USE A GOOD SCREWDRIVER!

VegasEx'r
03-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by MadcapEX
Yes take the 2 little pain in the arse screws out and the screw that holds the linkage to the shaft on top,USE A GOOD SCREWDRIVER!

calling them a pain in the arse is an understatement, and a good (preferably magnetic) screwdriver is a must. I had these 2 screws back out on me once while riding, so get some loctite & use that too. I felt a little difference from removing the choke. You will probably need to up your pilot (to a 40 or 42), but that helps throttle response, too.

RideRed400StYlE
03-22-2002, 02:43 PM
I already have a 40 pilot, I am rejetting the carb right now, and I want to drop the clip one position. and those screws are a pain to try and get out.. so I wanted to make sure it was them before I took em out