PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Engine Mods!!!!!

atvracr350
05-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Right now i am thinking about installing a std bore 11:1 wiseco piston and either a stage 1 or 2 hot cam (undecided) am i going to have any reliability problems with this setup or not. I am either gonna do this or get my frame powdercoated and new plastics.

cals400ex
05-29-2004, 02:37 AM
this should give you no problems at all if everything is installed correctly. you will need to run premium fuel though.

TC426EX
05-29-2004, 05:24 AM
Those mods will give you a substantial increase but generally speaking they are still minor mods. You wont have any problems with that setup at all. I had the exact same setup before i had my motor fully built by TC and it made a huge difference and was reliable as a rock. The cam is a drop in cam so you dont have to screw with rockers or anything, and the piston will just slide in no prob. Make sure you break everything in CORRECTLY and dont be in a rush to pound on it. If you are running a wiseco piston as oppoised to a JE or something like that MAKE SURE you break it in for the right amount of time since wisecos take a little longer.....