PDA

View Full Version : PowderCoating

DangerousDean
05-28-2004, 06:06 PM
When you get something powdercoated, how do you cover the threads and stuff on the peice you are doing. You wouldnt be able to use masking tape because it would burn in the oven wouldnt it ?

Or do you spray is then take it off and bake it ?? :confused:

CHAUNCY
05-28-2004, 06:18 PM
You can use hi-temp masking tape or hi-temp caps to cover threads.

Got nads?
05-28-2004, 06:21 PM
The place that did mine masked everything off while spraying, and then took the tape for baking.

DangerousDean
05-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
The place that did mine masked everything off while spraying, and then took the tape for baking.
I see your from edmonton, which place in edmonton did you get your stuff done ?
and what did you get done

Woodsrider
05-29-2004, 09:14 AM
I use a lot of aluminum foil while masking, its cheaper than the hi-temp tape and is alot easier to remove after baking the parts.

Cody_300ex
05-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Just put the bolts/skrews in the holes when the belong so they will match it.

Woodsrider
05-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Just put the bolts/skrews in the holes when the belong so they will match it.

You cant do that, the PC changes the size of the fastner heads, then the sockets dont fit;)

TRX310R Rider
05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
when they did my parts and in most places that ive seen they use little i think rubber type plugs. they have all different sizes to fit every hole. i know people on here do their own pc, im sure they can help...later

doozer
05-31-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by TRX310R Rider
when they did my parts and in most places that ive seen they use little i think rubber type plugs. they have all different sizes to fit every hole. i know people on here do their own pc, im sure they can help...later
same here, i had mine done and i had a bunch of rubber cone shaped deals in all of the threaded holes.

airheadedduner
05-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by TRX310R Rider

There nylon plugs, a lot of pc shops carry them.

Nothing I have done yet had that many holes so I just tapped the ones that where to bad to get a bolt in.