PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Works triple rate pros ?

montyjcm
05-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the works triple rate with rezzies pro series shocks? I think that the shocks on my z are them, but I am not sure (I bought it all used). If you guys have any pics I would appreciate it.

montyjcm
05-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Okay, here is a link to what alba says are pro series:http://alba.buyol.com/Virtual/VirtualPages/Item_Page_ALL_TYPES.asp?ItemCode=RAP-PSR-&Item_Process_Mode=ADD

These are what my shocks look like, but I always thought that pro series shocks had a red spring. Are these actually pro series? thanks

250rmike
05-29-2004, 07:51 AM
those are pro series you can tell by the preload adjustment

montyjcm
05-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Wow, I always thought that mine were just steelers. I guess I will have to change my sig!:blah:

boogiechile
05-31-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by 250rmike
those are pro series you can tell by the preload adjustment

The regular steelers are available with the threaded preload adjuster. I have had two sets of triple rate steelers with the threaded adjuster, it is a 50 dollar option. Those are pro shocks in the pic tho.

montyjcm
05-31-2004, 10:42 AM
What would be the difference between the pro shocks and the steelers with the threaded preload? The rezzies?

boogiechile
05-31-2004, 03:18 PM
bigger shafts, compression and rebound adjustment

250rmike
05-31-2004, 06:42 PM
oh yea i forgot about those

RIDER11X
05-31-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by boogiechile
bigger shafts, compression and rebound adjustment
Almost correct.....Bigger shafts is correct. Steelers and Pro Series can both be equipped with compression an rebound adjusters.......;)

boogiechile
06-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Almost correct.....Bigger shafts is correct. Steelers and Pro Series can both be equipped with compression an rebound adjusters.......;)

Yes, but what I meant was standard, not as an option. The pro remotes come with comp and rebound and the pro piggy comes with either just comp or comp and rebound. The regular steelers have neither. The pros also use spherical bearings at the mounts and some of the components are made of better material. This is a list of pro specs from works

• Military spec coating dissipates heat and resists corrosion
•Billet aluminum reservoir web
•Eighteen compression adjustments
•Eighteen rebound adjustments
•Durable steel pressure cylinder
•Spherical bearings with dust excluders
• 5/8-inch C1050 induction hardened high tensile steel shafts (rebound adjustable)
• Threaded spring preload

montyjcm
06-01-2004, 10:12 PM
The ones in that pic from alba look exactly like mine. So, I am guessing that they are pros, correct? Thanks for all of the clarifing!