PDA

View Full Version : washing bike

Martin Blair
05-28-2004, 05:00 PM
How do all of you was your bikes?

Usually after a race or really muddy stuff I take the plastic and skids off. was it all down. stand it up on its end and wash the underside. then wash the plastic and skid seperatly, reinstall everything. Then wash the whole bike together. If its just dust trail riding with not to much mud I just was it all together.

My question is I think I do a good job but theres alwyas places that have a sort of dirt film on them. like bottom of swingarm, and so parts of the motor/frame area anyone know a trick to get the film off the places you can't reach? Its not big clogs but a thin film on some things. BTW the pressure washer dont work and I dont really like using it on my bike anyway.

SHOCKER
05-28-2004, 05:11 PM
i wanted a pressure washer after my first time at the track last weekend, i though i was never going to get all the mud uff, but my dad had a nossle for the end of the hose that was a special pressure thing and it worked great, i just shot all the mud with it, but do you dry it off with a towel? i use car wash+wax stuff and it works great, i spent most of the time on the plastics and they shine brighter than the sun after the wash+wax stuff, but i would just get some car wash and do it that way and clean very spot ya can get to with towel and hose, otherwise sounds like ya got it

LTandRaptorider
05-28-2004, 05:48 PM
I stand it up, and use my pressure washer.

DangerousDean
05-28-2004, 06:09 PM
i ussually stand it up. and use my regular hose on the plastics and stuff, then i pressure wash the frame and crap.

And i ussually only wash it after it gets muddy and stuff..

ps:if you spray your fenders with WD40 its easier to clean

bulkdriverlp
05-28-2004, 08:15 PM
i use a honda 2750 powerwasher to get the underside caked on mud, but wash the top by hand to get it all nice and clean. cant help ya with removing the plastic cause mine would take and hour to take off.:p ed

05-28-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
i ussually stand it up. and use my regular hose on the plastics and stuff, then i pressure wash the frame and crap.

And i ussually only wash it after it gets muddy and stuff..

ps:if you spray your fenders with WD40 its easier to clean

i jus started doing the wd 40 trick and it works great