PDA

View Full Version : 250r Counter Balancer Bearing

ZRider400
05-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Just noticed my counter balancer bearing has alot of play in it:mad:

According to honda you have to buy the whole assembly for $170

ive heard i can just buy the bearing, but where?

310Rduner
05-28-2004, 12:39 PM
You can just have it rebuilt by someone (or even yourself if you have a press). Esr will do it for $55, and when I was shopping around they were the cheapest company to actually do it. However, you should Pm honda350R on the boards here. He works at a bearing company and gets the top of the line bearing for the counterbalancers in bulk. He can rebuild your counterbalancer for $30 plus shipping. I had him rebuild mine last february and I haven't had a problem since. I shipped it to him monday, he recieved it wednesday and shipped it back out wednesday, I had it back on monday;)

If you still want to go through a race company, lrd charges like $85, 45 for the work, 40 for the bearing. Most of the other company's I contacted charged about the same.I'm not sure if the racing company's use the same high quality bearing honda350R uses...

ZRider400
05-28-2004, 03:02 PM
ok thanks for the help.

i ended up going to a local machine shop and had them press the gear off........then i went to kaman bearing and had them match up a bearing, so now that is on order and will be here tuesday. then i will have it pressed back on.

The machine shop was actually worried about breaking the gear when pressin it off.....but it was fine.

deathman53
05-28-2004, 08:17 PM
I just pulled my 250r motor apart and nothing was left of the bearing and the cases are damaged. I'm gonna see what a set of cases will run me and what its gonna cost to repair them.

250rmike
05-29-2004, 07:02 AM
the cases are expensive. real expensive. im not sure about everything else though. might wanna look for a good bottom end or whole motor on ebay. last tiem i checked cases were like 200 per side if not alittle more

ZRider400
05-29-2004, 08:25 AM
I think i cought mine at the right time......no case damage....thank god.

you can get new cases from ESR that come with bearings already installed.

310Rduner
05-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by ZRider400
I think i cought mine at the right time......no case damage....thank god.

you can get new cases from ESR that come with bearings already installed.

You can get them from Cal-atv as well for $260 a side.