PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with my honda trx 125

retronutter
05-28-2004, 04:08 AM
I have a 1988 honda trx 125,I bought it to fix up,it had a cracked engine casing on the left.So i put a new one on,and now theres no spark.I have put a brand new plug on,and tryed the old one,no luck.It might be the switch assembly in the magneto i think,i set it wrong,and the red light comes on in neutrel instead on reverse,put its trying to start,just no spark,and ideas anyone?
i tryed all the leads and wires etc,it worked before i changed the leftside engine casing

04'400ex'er
05-28-2004, 08:09 AM
If your bike isn't in neutral, it won't start. So click it to where it'll roll and the green light is on and try then. if the bike is in neutral and the light is red, thats another story.

retronutter
05-29-2004, 04:48 AM
Hi,thanks for the advice,but the bike is rolling in neutral and the lightis red,when i changed the engine casing i must have set the switch asembly round so red and green are the wrong way round? does this matter? its trying to start,but no spark

atvracr350
05-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Yes this does matter i did the exact same thing on my 85 250 sx and it wouldn't allow it to start. Also if that is not it check your carb and fuel flow. this may be clogged up or not working properly.