PDA

View Full Version : is it woth it for xc?

Martin Blair
05-28-2004, 01:17 AM
Are extended a arms and swingarm worth if for xc? does it make that much of a difference? I already have shocks, elka ssd, but are the a arms and swinger worth it? Will I notice that much of a difference?

thanks.

Ball
05-28-2004, 03:15 AM
The only disadvantage of an ext. swingarm in XC is that it gives you a larger turning radius. For the most part this will never be a major concern. You would most likely benefit on steeper hills with it not being as prone to put the fronts in the air.

Ext. A-arms could possibly be a problem with tight woods sections
in XC. As long as you dont go too wide it may also not be a problem for you. The problem is that is it worth spending the $$ for what little you will gain? I race XC in TX and have found that I have no need or desire to go wider. I run stock arms on my KFX and have found some lines on the course that I would not get through if I was wider. JMO

bmw500hp
05-28-2004, 10:05 AM
I am certainly not an experienced racer, but I am very analytical by nature and concious of what each mod has done to the quad.

I purchased my extended swinger on a whim. A racing buddy offered to swap my stocker for his 1.25 as he was parting out. I really had nothing to do that friday and said "what the heck".

At the same time, we swaped my stock linkage for his lowering strut and installed a Denton steering Stabilizer.

The quad is now longer and lower and I love it! Far more stable than before. The rear hops considerably less. The front end rarely comes up unless you want. This was real good for me because I love to hillclimb. If you like to climb, that alone is worth it.

Two wheeling was also vastly improved as the center of gravity is lower. This has led to using a slide turn more often and with greater confidence.

Straight tracking at speed is also improved. as both the stabilizer and the length contribute.

To me, swapping swinger and the boot I threw in was and continues to be a good choice.

Would not hesitate to do the same again.

Hope this helps ya!!

Shawn H
05-28-2004, 10:22 AM
With out a doubt :D

05-28-2004, 10:22 AM
GNCC35 on this site races in the pro-am class on an EX he has duncan roll axis everything you can have almost. his statment "the roll 3/4" swing-arms is the best improvment I have made to my bike". I had a houser +1.25 on mine and alos liked the improvment. as far as A-arms go. Most of the top guys put +1 a-arms on and then in stall 4-1 offset front wheels which bings the quad back real close to stock width. This provides more precice steering. a nother advantage is you don't get near as much feedback when you clip trees with the front tires.