PDA

View Full Version : Chinese manufactured raptor like mini

khen
05-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Has anyone one modded one of these for racing? I just bought one for my kids and it feels like there is some potential there. They are 107cc and sold as a few different brands.. ours is a Tomahawk but it is identical to the Yamoto and very close to the Raptor 80. The engine is a Honda knock off, very similar to the ATC110. I know nothing about mini racing, is a 110cc to big to race in the 90cc class??

https://www.browsermanaged.com/sites/folder10616/site_images_system/user/Tomahawk_ZXR_Red.jpg

QuadJunkies
05-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by khen
Has anyone one modded one of these for racing? I just bought one for my kids and it feels like there is some potential there. They are 107cc and sold as a few different brands.. ours is a Tomahawk but it is identical to the Yamoto and very close to the Raptor 80. The engine is a Honda knock off, very similar to the ATC110. I know nothing about mini racing, is a 110cc to big to race in the 90cc class??

https://www.browsermanaged.com/sites/folder10616/site_images_system/user/Tomahawk_ZXR_Red.jpg thatsa nice lookin mini!!!:blah:
It all depends .....Our series wont allow a larger quad into the 90 class,but will allow a smaller experienced CC to run with the big Dogs if they are more experienced rider if the child and parents are OK with that.........:macho

khen
05-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Thanks QuadJunkies! I'll have to look into the kids racing scene around here. My boy would love to race! And I would love to watch him.

QuadJunkies
05-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by khen
Thanks QuadJunkies! I'll have to look into the kids racing scene around here. My boy would love to race! And I would love to watch him. I love to watch the wee ones too...;)

SHOCKER
05-28-2004, 10:29 PM
i think the mini classes are 90-110cc, looks nice, that bumper looks goofy the way its so high but at least its chrome, and anything with chrome is cool

khen
05-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by SHOCKER
i think the mini classes are 90-110cc, looks nice, that bumper looks goofy the way its so high but at least its chrome, and anything with chrome is cool
The bumper is exagerated a tad.. In person it doesn't look as bad as it does in that picture. I've thought about hacking it down and reshaping it a bit.

ACME ROCKET CO.
05-30-2004, 12:24 AM
Classic Honda in east texas has hop up kits that would probably fit.

QuadJunkies
05-30-2004, 10:44 AM
I like the bumper myself!!!!:blah:

212racing
06-03-2004, 03:13 AM
is it shaft driven or chain

thanks

khen
06-03-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by ACME ROCKET CO.
Classic Honda in east texas has hop up kits that would probably fit.
Thanks for the source, I went to their site and it looks like they do have parts that would fit.

Originally posted by 212racing.
is it shaft driven or chain
It is shaft drive with a 3 speed/reverse semi automatic transmission.