PDA

View Full Version : 250r burning tranny oil?

ZRider400
05-27-2004, 07:34 PM
What are some signs of the crank seals or case gasket leaking , letting tranny oil into the crank area. ?? about 3 people saw/smelled my exhaust smoke and said its burning tranny oil...... I did notice it was smoking more, but thought it was just rich.

I dont want to tear it down till i ask a few other people....maybe these guys didnt know what they were talking about.:huh

ZRider400
05-27-2004, 09:16 PM
asdfdfsdafasdfsdafdf

310Rduner
05-27-2004, 09:28 PM
When my crank seal went, I noticed the sound of like a whooshing/steam kind of sound in my cylinder which was the oil burning I believe. Also it lost a little bit of power, and acted very hot because of the oil loss, as well as smelling sorta like burnt rubber.You'll probably see a black residue in the crank area if you take the cylinder off, which is the burnt oil. These are all the things that happened in mine, can't say that you will see the exact same things though.

airheadedduner
05-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Dump your tranny oil. If there is the right amount then it is fine. When mine went it would burn all the tranny oil in like 30 min. It didn't smell wierd but it smoked a little more and fauled plugs a bit and ran rich. You can change the tranny side crank seal without splitting the cases if need be.

ZRider400
05-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Dump your tranny oil. If there is the right amount then it is fine. When mine went it would burn all the tranny oil in like 30 min. It didn't smell wierd but it smoked a little more and fauled plugs a bit and ran rich. You can change the tranny side crank seal without splitting the cases if need be.

thanks dude.....i'll do that tomorrow.

ZRider400
05-28-2004, 03:03 PM
well i checked the oil that came out...burned 500 cc's of oil:huh

i sure am glad i didnt ride it any longer.

ZRider400
05-29-2004, 09:54 PM
well this f'in sucks..... it wasnt the seals after all. It was the center case gasket that blew out right where the counter balancer goes. Anyone ever have this happen??????/