PDA

View Full Version : 42 pilot jet problem

redhondi400
05-27-2004, 06:52 PM
I rejetted my carb on my 400 today by adding a 42 pilot jet. I have a 160 main jet. I have the needle in the stock position. When I put the bike back together it would not start at all . I threw the stock 38 back in and it ran fine. Any suggestions what I can do to make it run better. Oh I am running E-series pipe if that helps. I need some help a nice weekend of riding coming up. thanks

tprender
05-27-2004, 07:51 PM
It should have started with the 42. Maybe you did something different each time. I would try it again. Have never heard of one not running with only changing the pilot this small of a diff.

quadrider400
05-27-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by tprender
It should have started with the 42. Maybe you did something different each time. I would try it again. Have never heard of one not running with only changing the pilot this small of a diff.
I agree with the above should not matter... I would however remove the choke... I found it useless after the 42 was in and wished I had removed it when I had it apart the first time....
find the tech article about how to do it there are some little metal shavings that come out when you remove the flapper screws.

Let us know....

redhondi400
05-29-2004, 06:23 AM
OK Got my bike running there was something jammed in the jet go figure. Now she is running mean