PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! i ran my 400 w/out filter connected

J-Nubs
05-27-2004, 06:27 PM
i was just taking apart my quad when i noticed that somehow the airbox was diconnected from my carb. so at sometime or another last time i was riding un filtered air was going straight into the carb along with whatever dust and debris that may have got in there. what should i do is there some sort of cleaner i could run through it or what steps should i take now that i know i might have been having dust and dirt running threw the carb into the engine should i not run it all for now im supposed to be riding over the weekend all help is greatly appreciated

DantheEXman
05-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Change the oil, clean the carb and prey. Thats all you can do.

AC 400 ex 02
05-27-2004, 08:12 PM
just hope no good size pieces of dirt got in there but for sure dust got in there, deff change the oil, clean the carb, just hope it doesnt destroy the cylinder walls

cals400ex
05-28-2004, 02:31 AM
yeah i would change the oil now and then possibly ride it for a bit and change it again.

hey, at least you knew you were getting max air flow without that filter connected. :eek:

05-28-2004, 06:38 AM
that happened to me when my carb. boot came out..it made a weird hissing noise everytime I gave it throttle so I finally pulled over & looked & there it was......i ride it further to my friends house down a road & got a flathead screwdriver 7 fixed it there...I never had any problems

user101
05-28-2004, 04:19 PM
same thing happened to me..i changed the oil and have never had a problem