PDA

View Full Version : Force air intake

Gatorman199
05-27-2004, 01:03 PM
I was thinkin about puttin a hood scoop on my quad and running a hose directly from it w/ a fan inside the hose to my airbox which would be sealed. Is this a good idea, and will it work as good as a supercharger on a car to a degree? I hope this'll b sweet. If it doesnt gimmie much power(prolly wont) itll look cool lol.

UglyMotha™
05-27-2004, 01:12 PM
http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/cookoo.gif

TCracin440ex
05-27-2004, 02:32 PM
well here is my insight on that force air intake....my friend got a wild hair across his *** 1 day and decided he wanted to do the same thing.....he rigged it all up...got the duct going all the way to the front of his quad and to his air scoops on his 400ex....we slapped the air box lid on...and no go....your better off just running with out your air box lid w/ an outter wear on it...

dariusld
05-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Even if it did work(it won't), how do jet for that? You would either be rich or lean part of the time.

Gatorman199
05-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Yeah VERY true i never really thought about that lol. I was just cuttin around in the woods and my friend came up and i was racin him and on the way back home i just got the cool idea after seeing a REALLY REALLY nice big boss mustang roar by lol, just a thought of mine lol.:blah: