PDA

View Full Version : I think I got a broke carrier

hondapunk
05-27-2004, 11:03 AM
My carrier in my 300ex is just spinning in the swingarm and the chain keeps coming loose. I think the metal tab on the carrier is broke. Has this happen to anyone else?

05-27-2004, 01:58 PM
tighten down the pinch bolts and it shouldn't spin freely anymore....:huh

hondapunk
05-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I did that already. I even got new longer bolts and put nuts on the ends. Thats why I think its that tab on the carrier.

Tommy 17
05-27-2004, 04:45 PM
tab on the carrier:huh

muff
05-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
tab on the carrier:huh

yea :p there is a tab on the 300ex carriers. however this will not stop the carrier from turning at all, only from the carrier completely falling out.

clean the outside of the carrier and inside of the swingarm and put a light amount of grease between the two. then tighten them up. make sure you tighten up all of the bolts several times, if you only tighten each one once they will still be loose enough for the carrier to turn

stonerider250x
05-27-2004, 09:09 PM
does the quad rock when u push it side so side. like the axle moving inside the carrier? mine was doin this and i took it out of the swing arm and part of it was broke in half. my freain had the same problem but his was compleatly broke in two peices. both us have billet hjc carriers that we got off ebay. ive ran bout 3 or 4 races on it and its done great.