PDA

View Full Version : tecate idleing funny

c_pub
05-27-2004, 09:32 AM
i have a 88 kxf tectae and i think the crank seals are bad i is idleing right high no matter what i do wit the idle screw i could take it right out and no differnt it is very stupid how it idle it is hard to explain it what are some sings of bad crank seals

ryanh250ex
05-27-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by c_pub
i have a 88 kxf tectae and i think the crank seals are bad i is idleing right high no matter what i do wit the idle screw i could take it right out and no differnt it is very stupid how it idle it is hard to explain it what are some sings of bad crank seals

i cant help you there, dont know much about tecates.

however, i know someone who can help you.

pm deathman53 on this forum (his name is chris) and tell him what it's doing. i know that he had a tecate 3 wheeler a few years back.

p.s. tell him ryanh sent ya ;)

-Ryan

diesel-mech
05-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Ive seen bad crank seals shatter pistons but this was with snowmobiles, look up killerkx500, He seems to be a tecate master

hollywood43
05-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Some symptoms of bad crank seals:

- trans oil disappearing
- can't get jetting right
- doesn't run correctly at low RPM (or at idle)

Have you pulled the airbox off and verified that your slide is going all the way down? Some throttle cables have adjustments for length either inbetween the carb and throttle or at the carb. Make sure that's set right at the point where there's no free play.