PDA

View Full Version : 440ex race quad trade for 250r

Knips178
05-27-2004, 08:50 AM
2000 440ex freshly built by Total Performance, LLC
Http://www.totalperformance-llc.com

This quad is ready for the mx track and hasn't even been raced yet!
-Wiseco 440 big bore kit with 12.5 high comp piston (yes, it's exactly the compression) (new)
-heavy duty springs w/ titanium retainers(new)
-hotcam stage 2 (new)
-heavy duty cam chain(new)
-hotrod crank and connecting rod, new bearings and seals(new)
-fcr 39mm carb (new)
-full curtis sparks exhaust (new)
-silver maier racing plastics
-rear razr 6ply on red label .190
-front douglas on stock rim (new)
-Elka Long travel quad rate front shocks with remote rez (top of the line)ssd
-Elka rear dual rate ssd shock with remote rez(top of the line)
-ASR +3 +1 long travel a-arms (life time warranty) with steel braided break lines
-custom billet handle bar bracket for key and neutral lite plus laser light nock offs mounted on bracket (looks sweet!)
-LSR +4 axle(new)
-PEP steering stabalizer
-E brake block off(new)
-AC Propeg nerfs
-AC stadium bumper (new)
-gusseted front shock mounts, where most frames crack
-new stock oil tank with welded neck for reinforcement and then Powder coated
-renthal bars and new scott grips

Looking to trade for a race ready 250r. or sell

Here are some pics

http://domino.newvisionnet.com/joey/atv/new/index.html

QuAdEr 317
05-27-2004, 09:55 AM
my frend has a r with a lot of stuff PM him at mxhonda86

starky
05-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Hey Knips you got mail... Im located in Minnesota so if you want we could meet up this weekend and look over each others quads. Let me know asap,,, because if you dont want to i am going to california tonight and will be back next tuesday. get back to me asap.. Thinking about going to rip up the dunes on the R.. But i dont know if im going for sure yet , so just let me know or give me a call..

webber17
05-31-2004, 02:49 PM
i have a nice 86' Honda 250r i would trade. it has a pro design cool head, inline water cooler, k&k billet water pump cover, dg nerfs, dg bumper, tag bars, meier race cut front fenders, fmf fatty pipe and silencer,all new bushings, rear .190 alluminum rims with 20 inch razors(bran new) comes with a set of rear turf tamers with screws for ice racing. please e-mail me at webber17@hotmail.com for pics and to let me know what you think

Quadude32
05-31-2004, 04:23 PM
I have a 88 310 R race ready i would be willing to trade Shoot me a PM and i'll email you some pic's Thanks:D

Knips178
05-31-2004, 08:23 PM
Sorry, this post is over.

I traded with starky and now have a sweet 250r.
Thanks everyone, especially starky!

starky
05-31-2004, 08:59 PM
no problem, i was out riding the 440 today, this things runs right with my buddies YZF450 and beats my other buddies 450r.. Just trying to jet the FCR in though. I think im needing a 58 pilot and 180 main. I have a 55 pilot and 170 main but still blubbers a little. and starts hard..

Knips178
06-01-2004, 06:05 AM
starky, i raced my cousin's stock 450r and he beat me by about 20yds over about a 500yd drag on concrete. i can take him off the line but the powerband right now is so short that i have to machine gun shift from 2nd through 5th. I still have alot to do though, the air filter was really dirty which is why it was running fat i think.

what is that righting in the airbox that suggests a needle, 190 main and a 52 pilot? did you write that or did lrd?

i'm probably going to have gary stroke that crank soon and then adjust the pipe to widen the powerband some. but it runs great.

starky
06-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Before i rebuilt the motor, i raced my friends 450r and he only beat me by about 2 bike lengths because i would top out so fast. The porting is really for MX and not dragging and thats why its not really impressive on the strip. That jetting in the box is for if your gonna race wide open other wise it will foul plugs. And i believe that jetting is for when you put the 265 kit on. When i first got it, it was bored out .80 over making it a 265, then i resleeved it back to stock... So when you do the 265 stroker kit you will be around that jetting area, but other wise i would stay around a 160 to 170 main and a 45 to 50 pilot.

Knips178
06-01-2004, 10:12 AM
I looked and saw the main is a 180 right now, but what is the pilot at? How long ago did you put that klotz tranny oil in? how many hours are actually on the engine since the rebuild?

yeah, i'm going to talk to gary today about what it will take to do a stroker kit? A little more power is about all i can ask for right now. Otherwise, for the 1hr i ran it yesterday, it ran great. love the smell of 2stroke burning oil :p

starky
06-01-2004, 12:11 PM
i am not sure what the pilot is. That smell is the 110 octane with Castor 927 oil. The motor has about 3 hours on it.