PDA

View Full Version : Frame Paint

LittleD
05-27-2004, 05:24 AM
I just bought a 230 QuadSport frame with two 82 ATC motors that will bolt right in. Both need rebuilt, but i got all them for $50. Anyway the frame is kinda rusted, so i was going to sand down the frame, and paint it. But i dont really have to much money to powercoat it. So i was wondering if there spray paint or something will work temporarily and still look halfway decent? Or the frame paint they have in Dennis Kirk? Also i am going to paint the fenders with Krylon Fusion, i was just wondering if anyone had any expierence with this and how it holds up? Thanks in advance.

motoboy66
05-27-2004, 11:06 PM
As far as the frame paint, try POR 15. I have used this stuff for all kinds of things. It goes on easy and is around $20 for the starter kit which will do your whole frame. I don't know about the Krylon. What ATC motor ar you using, I have a 230 that I am redoing now as a camping quad.

batgeek
05-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Kryon Fusion is good as long as you dont ever plan on crashing...shoot, even if your plastics vibrate a bunch it's gonna end up cracking.

works great on plastic lawn furniture though! :) at least until my fat *** friend sat on one and bent the leg...

LittleD
05-28-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm putting an 82 250R motor in it. I'm guessing it should go alright

Ball
05-29-2004, 11:20 AM
It can't be said enough.... There is nothing out there that you can paint quad plastic with that will hold up well, to anything, besides sitting in the garage. If your plastic is in need of color, the best thing to do is get that Plastic Renew that can be found in Rocky Mtn ATV. It works just like it says it will......Great! But be prepared to do alot of work. Requires large amounts of elbow grease.

I would just assume pay for new plastic. That is the easiest way to get the look that you want.

kxrider89
05-30-2004, 09:21 PM
sand it down with a high grit sand paper and then go over with steel wool then get mothers metal polish (if you do it right it will look like chrome when ur done)!!!!!!!!!